Android phone - How to fix picture is upside down on screen

Stephen Liu1

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I need to setup remote desktop on Android mobile as follow;

1) Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone(phone-1) as camera, mounted at the end of an extension rod.
Software running - Teamviewer Quickconnect App

2) Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra phone(phone-2) as "remote controller", mounted at the handle of the extension rod
Software running - Teamviewer Remote Control

It works. phone-1 can be remotely controlled on phone-2 to capture video seamlessly.

The only problem is;
phone-2 can't be mounted horizontally. It can only be mounted vertically.

If phone-2 is mounted horizontally, the video on its screen is inverted. The picture is upside down.

Please advise how to fixed the problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm a little confused -- so if phone 2 is mounted horizontally, is it recording video in landscape? If so, and if the image is upside down, then what happens if you flip the phone 180 degrees -- does it still look upside down?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Are you doing a panoramic shot? The only other thing I can think of that is weird like that is iff you're using the front facing camera and the image is mirrored. But thats not really inverted so I'm confused too lol

Stephen Liu1

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy,
Thanks for your advice.
I login with Google account
To answer you question:
1. Yes, it was landscape recording (phone-1 is mounted horizontally, not vertically)
2. Flipping phone-2 180 degree, the picture doesn't look upside down. It is in normal position.
I have made following test in the past:-
1. Use an old Samsung S6 mobile phone as camera for capturing video and mounted in horizontal position.
2. Use Samsung S9+ as remote controller, mounted in horizontally position. It didn't have such funny problem. I can do landscape recording without the picture/image inverted.
Regards

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy,
Thanks for your advice.
I login with Google account
To answer you question:
1. Yes, it was landscape recording (phone-1 is mounted horizontally, not vertically)
2. Flipping phone-2 180 degree, the picture doesn't look upside down. It is in normal position.
I have made following test in the past:-
1. Use an old Samsung S6 mobile phone as camera for capturing video and mounted in horizontal position.
2. Use Samsung S9+ as remote controller, mounted in horizontally position. It didn't have such funny problem. I can do landscape recording without the picture/image inverted.
Regards

Does it change anything If you turn off auto rotate? Try turning that feature off and then reboot your phone and look at the camera again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not entirely clear on things -- so are you saying that phone 2 is mounted in landscape, it will show things correctly only when mounted in one specific orientation (e.g., with the left side of the phone down an not the right side)? In other words, it's not auto-rotating correctly?

If that's the case, then as a workaround, can you just make sure the phone is mounted with the correct side down that allows it to display things right side up?

I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Stephen Liu1

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

Lot of thanks for your advice.

My answer to your questions are:
1. If turning phone-2 (S22 Ultra) 180 degree, the picture/image on the screen is still upside down
2. Viewing other screens of phone-1 (S9+) remotely, no upside down of picture/image found on phone-2 screen.
3. If phone 2 (S22 Ultra) is mounted in landscape (horizontal position) the picture/image is upside down on its screen. If phone 2 is mounted in vertical position, the picture/image on its screen won't be upside down, displaying correctly.

Finally I found following funny solution;
I have an old Samsumg Galaxy S6. I used it as controller to replace phone-2(S22 Ultra). It works without picture/image upside down on its screen. However the screen of Galaxy S6 is too small. I still expect use phone-2(S22 Ultra) as remote controller, if I can fix the problem. Thanks

Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I understand now. It's an odd thing -- I wonder if it's a glitch in the Teamviewer software itself. Have you tried contacting Teamviewer support?

Stephen Liu1

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I understand now. It's an odd thing -- I wonder if it's a glitch in the Teamviewer software itself. Have you tried contacting Teamviewer support?
Hi,

Yes, no reply.

I think it is the problem of Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Galaxy S22 Ultra has other problems.

DJI MIMO does not work on Galaxy S22 ultra nor Galaxy S22 ultra works on Zhiyun Smooth-Q Gimbal. I have tested Galaxy S22 ultra on both Gimbals. Both my Galaxy S9+ and my old Galaxy S6 work on them without problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, no reply.

I think it is the problem of Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Galaxy S22 Ultra has other problems.

DJI MIMO does not work on Galaxy S22 ultra nor Galaxy S22 ultra works on Zhiyun Smooth-Q Gimbal. I have tested Galaxy S22 ultra on both Gimbals. Both my Galaxy S9+ and my old Galaxy S6 work on them without problem.

It would seem to be a problem with the developers not accounting for something specific in the S22 Ultra, rather than a problem with the phone itself. Probably the best you can do right now is to make sure all of those companies are aware of the problem -- maybe if they get enough complaints about problems using that phone, they'll look into it and figure out how to correct it.

Stephen Liu1

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
It would seem to be a problem with the developers not accounting for something specific in the S22 Ultra, rather than a problem with the phone itself. Probably the best you can do right now is to make sure all of those companies are aware of the problem -- maybe if they get enough complaints about problems using that phone, they'll look into it and figure out how to correct it.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

"OSMO DJI" is fully aware of this problem of "DJI MIMO" not working on "Galaxy S22 Ultra". There are many threads on Internet relating to this issue. According to "OSMO DJI" info the new "DJI MIMO" to work on "Galaxy S22 Ultra" will be released on March 2023.

Regarding "ZY Play" not working on "Galaxy S22 Ultra" I just found it. I have both "OSMO DJI" and Zhiyun Gimbals. My Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S9+ have been working on both gimbals for long time without problem.

Regards

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000