Saving email attachments

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I would like to save email attachments to different locations depending on what the attachment is, who it id from etc? Is there any way to setup Android to ask me where I want to save the attachment to so it doesn?t always default to a location?

Thanks,
- Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Saving email attachements

I would like to save email attachments to different locations depending on what the attachment is, who it id from etc? Is there any way to setup Android to ask me where I want to save the attachment to so it doesn?t always default to a location?

Thanks,
- Bob

How many places you need?
As far as I know it goes to download of the phone in " my file "

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks....
That's correct...
The question is if there is a way to have the option to save in another location..
Best I can tell it will only default to downloads..

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Just tried and mine goes there too with no choice.

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

How many places you need?
As far as I know it goes to download of the phone in " my file "

I would like to choose where I save attachments depending on who the attachment is from (e.g. work, personal) or what the attachment is (e.g. picture, document, etc...). The reason for the question is at work we use a system called DocuSign, and all purchase requests that get emailed to me I would like to save into a folder called Purchase Requests with the option during saving to create a new folder so I can create a folder with the date the file is saved, this way the files are easy to find etc... now I need to save them then with My File move them, then open in DocuSign to approve.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I would like to choose where I save attachments depending on who the attachment is from (e.g. work, personal) or what the attachment is (e.g. picture, document, etc...). The reason for the question is at work we use a system called DocuSign, and all purchase requests that get emailed to me I would like to save into a folder called Purchase Requests with the option during saving to create a new folder so I can create a folder with the date the file is saved, this way the files are easy to find etc... now I need to save them then with My File move them, then open in DocuSign to approve.

I think you have to use the rules of filtering in your email to separate personal from work..

In you gmail there is a place that save the complete email not just the attachment which would be easy enough. so you don't need to go through my files

I think all that transfer could be done from the email app with no need to go through my files without using the rules of filtering

Last edited:

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Let see....you want a file called "Purchase Request" in there you want a "sub-folders" which tell you the date it was saved for "Personal, Work, Pic and/or documen

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Is this would work?

Attachments

• 1389464189106.jpg
    1389464189106.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 11

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Yes, but from what I have found there is no way to select a folder when saving an attachment, it automatically saves to the Download folder then must be moved.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

[/B]
Yes, but from what I have found there is no way to select a folder when saving an attachment, it automatically saves to the Download folder then must be moved.

yes there is a way.... what I did, I created a subfolder into gmail then used the move button to save that email...Now the only downfall to it, you can not just saved the attachment alone. you have to save the whole email

now the question is; moving an email, to whatever folder you create, would it be good enough for you? rather than saving..

on the other hand moving is saving. just one process

I hope I explained good enough or easy to understand what I have done

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

on my purchase request I created 4 categories and those categories can have sub folder as well.

So when you move those email you can choose where to. Only one operation after creating those folder and sub folder.

hope this help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana