Google Play Store- Connection Time Out- Retry?

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I think that it's agreed among the majority on this thread that the problem lies with GOOGLE..
I would say that everything that has been tried for over a month makes that very clear..
The only thing now I think we can do is make a lot of noise and use this link, googleplay-support@google.com and put it to GOOGLE to resolve the issue.. Also this phone # for Google Support.... 855-836-3987
After the KK update it worked for me for about an hour but now it is as before, not working..

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Lol - I appreciate you trying to help, but the simple fact of you asking this question means that you are nowhere near qualified to do anything with the information you might get. How do I know that? Because you show no comprehension of sheer multitude of permutations of what you are asking for.

You want everybody here to go through their phones and list all of the apps that they have installed? Don't foget any of the other important factors... Let's also make sure they specify the app version numbers and whether they have auto-updates turned on or not. What about the apps that they have previously purchased and don't have installed anymore? Or maybe purchased apps that haven't been installed YET? Version number of the Play Store, where they obtained their most recent update for the Play Store, saved credit card info or not, any gift card balance, device DPI, current network connection method...

...And all of that doesn't even START to touch any of the stored information that Google farms from each of us to even be able to provide recommendations based on our own personal preferences and reviews/ratings that we have all provided. My guess - and that's all anybody here really can provide - is that it's a problem with Google's Play Store recommendation engine. Most likely, no casual amount of troubleshooting on our end is going to get us anywhere.

Now you start to get an idea about why QA isn't an easy job - and Google is actually VERY competent at it. I appreciate the effort, though.

I knew it wasn't likely a solution would be found if no one compared what they had in common, and even if you did, I knew it still wouldn't be likely. Beats sitting around with your thumbs up your you-know-what.

Since an answer, much less a solution, seems unforthcoming, I guess you'll have to live with the problem or switch platforms & devices.

It seems like it could be, for some, a simple account problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

ewyatt1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Like many others, I'm having the same time-out problem on my tablet, using wi-fi. I've tried several solution options; none work. However, the Play Store on my Galaxy S4 smartphone works fine. I'm surprised Google hasn't stepped up to addressing this problem. I wonder if my email to them will be acknowledged.....

Breezer23#AC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
What a tease. My Play Store was fully functional for a few hours this morning. Sadly, it's already back to timing out and constant 927 errors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bawlinnn1

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not able to connect to the play store.. It says "connection Timed Out"... Retry.. AT&T Samsung Note 3
I have cleared the cache, data, force stop also uninstalled play store updates, Checked time and date, and everything else I can find in searches to do..
The strange thing is it still auto updates and I can type in the search bar on the play store search option and open it that way...
I've tried it with WiFi and network but nothing works.. Continue to get, "Connection Timed Out"... Retry..
Running Nova Prime Launcher..
I have done system backups in nova but not sure what I will loose if I do a restore..
Any help appreciated...
Thanks....

If your device is rooted then you probably have the freedom app..this means thst the app is running. Go to freedom app, settings, stop running, and wait 20 seconds. Then go to google playstore... your welcome.

You probably have your phone rooted, which means you probably have the freedom app.. if you do, you might be in luck. Go to the freedom app and go to settings and stop running freedom. Once stopped, wait 20 secs and go to playstore. Your welcome. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
If your device is rooted then you probably have the freedom app..this means thst the app is running. Go to freedom app, settings, stop running, and wait 20 seconds. Then go to google playstore... your welcome.

Welcome for what?????????
It's apparent you didn't read this thread at all!!!
Not rooted, never was..
It's on Google not the people having the problem!

eLCruz

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
You probably have your phone rooted, which means you probably have the freedom app.. if you do, you might be in luck. Go to the freedom app and go to settings and stop running freedom. Once stopped, wait 20 secs and go to playstore. Your welcome. :p

So what about the other rooted people that don't /never had freedom installed? What's our issue? :eek:

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

Breezer23#AC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

This appears to be more of a Google Server side issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Had a Play Store update last night, it has been working ever since..
Now to see if it sticks..
Anyone else able to connect now??

justice4all77

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Been working sporadically here. Sometimes it takes a while to load then pops up, other times I still get connection timed out then after 1 or 2 retries, it will load slowly. At least some progress is being made, but still some work to be done clearly

SeeMe278

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Believe it or not, it may be as simple as replacing a SIM card. I was having all sorts of Google Play issues, as well as email probs and couldn't post pictures on social sites. Dropped by AT&T (my provider) to shop new phones and spoke with a very knowledgeable salesman. He replaced the SIM card for the price of a handshake and my promise to give high marks on an email survey. Didn't lose any info, didn't have to "reset." Phone is working just fine now.

Good luck.

eLCruz

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Guess Google got it fixed, whatever it was? All good now!

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

wailan Tsui

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem for 3 weeks but I found ungrading google play store to android market works, now i got my store working but the old fashion store

May 20, 2014
Visit site
For those of you who are rooted. Download "Root Explorer" off the internet somewhere. Go to the parent folder (all the way back before exiting) then select "etc". Switch mount R/W to R/O. Go to the "hosts" file. Select "Text Editor". Edit the file so it looks exactly like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
#127.22.3.134 android.clients.google.com mtalk.
google.com

Save the file and reboot.

******Make sure there are SIX spaces after "127.0.0.1", so the 'l' in localhost should be right on top of the "n" in android in Text Editor. This post won't save the spaces for some reason. *Also if your viewing this post from a phone, turn it sideways there should be 3 lines, not 4.

Last edited: