Camera slowwww to take picture

Nikki Brownell

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So I am coming over from the Apple side... I have to say the s4 pleases me in most areas but the camera lag is horrible! I press the shutter button and have to wait for like 3 seconds before the picture is captured. By then, my 3 yr old is onto his next activity and I have missed the shot. Now I understand a camera phone will have limitations but this phone's main praise was the awesome camera. ATT is doing a warranty replacement and hopefully this will correct the issue. Anyone else have this issue??? It doesn't matter what camera app is used either... I have tried a bunch.

:'(

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't sound right. I have an S3 and the camera takes the pic pretty much instantly. I would check your settings around auto-focus and stuff.

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So I am coming over from the Apple side... I have to say the s4 pleases me in most areas but the camera lag is horrible! I press the shutter button and have to wait for like 3 seconds before the picture is captured. By then, my 3 yr old is onto his next activity and I have missed the shot. Now I understand a camera phone will have limitations but this phone's main praise was the awesome camera. ATT is doing a warranty replacement and hopefully this will correct the issue. Anyone else have this issue??? It doesn't matter what camera app is used either... I have tried a bunch.

Interesting mine takes pics in a snap... Literally. Its fast even when I snap continuous photos. Try a reboot?

Sent from where the wild things are.

droidguy15

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's what may be the problem: There is an option (in the camera settings) called "Auto Night Detection." If it's turned on, most times when you take a picture, it will say "Processing." If you turn off this feature, it will snap a picture normally (very fast). I'm not sure if you're having that issue, but if that's the case, give this a try and see if it helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo