this makes me feel slightly better.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope that Samsung does a better job with the 4.4 update than it did with so many of the 4.3 updates ...

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If you mean the locked boot loaders I don't think that's changing when at&t and Verizon are involved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
In order that we can't give up on ourselves I'm honestly thinking the death star and big red hate the notion of a Google play version as we would get updates and keep our phones as they want us to enroll into their next plans and take that much more $$$$ I'm thinking by next year all traditional 2 year contracts will be by dumb phones and not smart phones as this makes them more $$$$

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If you mean the locked boot loaders I don't think that's changing when at&t and Verizon are involved

That wasn't VZW and AT&T's doing. It's on all phones with Knox now. Sammy is locking down their OS :-\

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sprint and t mobile are open and they have knox..

:confused: Knox locked all of the bootloaders, you can't flash custom recoveries on any S3/4 or Note 2 on 4.3

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Basically a way of saying we must put up with their bull sheekouskee. They're just kicking themselves in the anus because there are people who would switch carriers to get a better OS so they'd better be quick with their updates. I'm pessimistic tho so just sayin...lol just one of those ideas.

From my S4 to you via Tapatalk🍻

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana