infuse case reviews

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking, instead of having a bunch of "Which case? Best case? Good cases?" why not have a case review thread? So I guess the format of
"Name of case and color"
"Link to reputable site to view/purchase"
"your personal story/opinion/thoughts and rants on the case."
"Picture of your case(Optional)"

I'll start
Case-mate "Pop"(white)
http://www.case-mate.com

I like it, it does make the phone noticeably thicker but it's nothing too extreme. This case does a great job of keeping my phone scratch free, the raised lip around the screen helps a lot if you set it screen side down. The Rubber button cover over the lock button has pulled away from the phone a little, but is nothing serious and is still easy to press. The Rubber grips along the sides do a great job of keeping grip, even sometimes when I'm just trying to dig my phone out of my pocket. D: My only real complaint is that CaseMate used only a thin plastic bar covered by rubber above the charging port(Small gap between screen and charging port), mine broke within a week at this spot, not cool at all. The case still works overall, I'd like to of seen maybe a bit of metal through this area. Other than that small part breaking I'd recommend this case to a friend looking for a good balance of being thin, but still protected against scratches/drops/etc.

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Black Case-mate Barely There
Mobilecityonline
Great case that adds some grip and camera protection. I can't stand cases but I really love the camera on the infuse and is the main reason I bought the phone. Needed to make sure to give it some protection without making the phone an annoying brick. Couldn't be happier.
Comers with screen protector that I don't use. provides protection on back, sides, and corners only. Top and bottom remain bare. Does provide a small lip increase to protect screen if laid face down.

kc8flb

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Platinum case and holster from Best Buy.

Platinum Series - Hard Case for Samsung Infuse Mobile Phones - Black - SSC21SB

Stickered at $34.99 but rang up at $29.99

I am 99% sure these are made by seidio and would be equavalent to the seidio "surface" case and holster.
Fanstastic case and holster. Seidio holsters are the best by far.

Highly recommended.

2835039_sa.jpg

2835039cv1a.jpg

SpdRcrChk

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Case-mate "Pop"(white)

Case-mate "Pop"(white)

I like it, it does make the phone noticeably thicker but it's nothing too extreme. This case does a great job of keeping my phone scratch free, the raised lip around the screen helps a lot if you set it screen side down. The Rubber button cover over the lock button has pulled away from the phone a little, but is nothing serious and is still easy to press. The Rubber grips along the sides do a great job of keeping grip, even sometimes when I'm just trying to dig my phone out of my pocket. D: My only real complaint is that CaseMate used only a thin plastic bar covered by rubber above the charging port(Small gap between screen and charging port), mine broke within a week at this spot, not cool at all. The case still works overall, I'd like to of seen maybe a bit of metal through this area. Other than that small part breaking I'd recommend this case to a friend looking for a good balance of being thin, but still protected against scratches/drops/etc.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I've had mine for over a month or two now, and the most disappointing part is the charging port area. Even though the area by the volume is also starting to get a little warped. The only thing I'll add to your post is the pics of the areas that have been affected [below].

2011-09-18201111.jpg

^^ as you can see, the area just above the charge port is very distorted at this point.

2011-09-18201139.jpg

this one's a little less noticeable with the phone not in the case, but when it is, the lining near the volume buttons has become warped.

I'm now disappointed and considering another case. Right now, it's between the Incipio Silicrylic case, the Case-Mate Tough case, and a new one I spotted on eBay called Trident Aegis. The latter two look a little bulkier from the pics. So the Incipio is winning right now. I thought about the featherweight, but it doesn't look like there's enough protection on various sides. :-\

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Case-mate "Pop"(white)
I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I've had mine for over a month or two now, and the most disappointing part is the charging port area. Even though the area by the volume is also starting to get a little warped. The only thing I'll add to your post is the pics of the areas that have been affected [below].
I picked the white peices off of mine because they kept poking me. I was really hoping they'd run a metal rod through there. along with the lock button and volume rocker cut outs. a metal rod just all around would of added to the durability of it.

Case-mate "Pop"(white)
I'm now disappointed and considering another case. Right now, it's between the Incipio Silicrylic case, the Case-Mate Tough case, and a new one I spotted on eBay called Trident Aegis. The latter two look a little bulkier from the pics. So the Incipio is winning right now. I thought about the featherweight, but it doesn't look like there's enough protection on various sides. :-\

I've actually been looking at both the Silicrylic and the feather lol. I only started this thread hoping someone would post about either one....And now I'm looking at the Aegis too. thanks lol :) EDIT Aegis seems to have plastic above the charging port like the Pop!, Seems thicker but I'm definitely avoiding any sort of thin plastic around that area.

Last edited:

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have this same case as well and a thin rubber skin too.I also had the same problem with the warping of the rubber and the plastic break on me by the charging port.Which I ended up fixing it with some epoxy,and its been holding up for the past few months.

SpdRcrChk

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I picked the white peices off of mine because they kept poking me. I was really hoping they'd run a metal rod through there. along with the lock button and volume rocker cut outs. a metal rod just all around would of added to the durability of it.

At this point mine already broke. [see picture below] And it sucks, because I really liked my Casemate at first. :(

2011-09-24215018.jpg

I've actually been looking at both the Silicrylic and the feather lol. I only started this thread hoping someone would post about either one....And now I'm looking at the Aegis too. thanks lol :) EDIT Aegis seems to have plastic above the charging port like the Pop!, Seems thicker but I'm definitely avoiding any sort of thin plastic around that area.

Hadn't noticed that about the AEGIS. Definitely gonna take another look. Saw the review on the Incipio cases. Still thinking the silicrylic will be the best. The feather, while it looks like it maintains the thinness of the phone, leaves areas exposed that will surely get scratched if dropped. Not to mention the screen doesn't look protected at all.

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have reviewd the incipio feather and silicrylic there is videos of the cases on my website. I will have giveaways for the two cases.
http://www.igadgetgeek.com

how would rate the plastic above the volume rocker and the lock button on the feather?

On the silicrylic have you noticed the sides catching on the inside of pants pockets? My Pop does that now and it's quite aggravating, and like the feather, is the plastic around the volume rocker and lock button strong?

JustCruisin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I picked this one up at Amazon. There was no brand name, it's titled "Solid Black Silicone Skin Gel Cover Case For Samsung Infuse 4G"

41ILaPvK1nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a silicone case, fit was perfect. The case is real sticky, you set it down it's not going to slide. I've dropped my phone once with it on. It hit square on a corner and survived unscathed. It's a ***** to dig out of your jeans while driving though.

I got it for $4.

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Amazon.com: Hard Snap-on Shield With BLACK CANDY TRIM Design and SMOKE BACK Faceplate Cover Sleeve Case for SAMSUNG i997 INFUSE 4G (AT&T) [WCF313]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just got this one today - my fourth and favorite so far. The edges are glossy TPU with the back being slightly gray opaque which creates a nice contrast and allows the Samsung logo to show through. The photo from Amazon really doesn't do it justice, but not currently motivated enough to take my own picture.

Others I have are the Case Mate Pop white, the black Body Glove Mirage and the black Incipio Silicrylic.

drs155

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Platinum case and holster from Best Buy.

Platinum Series - Hard Case for Samsung Infuse Mobile Phones - Black - SSC21SB

Stickered at $34.99 but rang up at $29.99

I am 99% sure these are made by seidio and would be equavalent to the seidio "surface" case and holster.
Fanstastic case and holster. Seidio holsters are the best by far.

Highly recommended.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

They are made by Seidio...the parts are even interchangable with innocase surface. Best Buy usually has these for about $30 including the holster. I had these for my captivates, and my blackberries and is the only design that hasn't just launched my phone to the ground on its own. Very good retention in the holster.

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a casemate pop too. The part above the charger got messed for me too :p
I just cut it from both sides and used one of my dad's tools to grind it down so it isnt sharp or anything.

SpdRcrChk

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
any one tried any new cases? my phone fell, and like someone else that started a thread in the forum....the casemate case flew right off. cracked my screen. thank goodness for insurance. i'm currently debating on what to get now. i'm thinkin' about incipio silicrylic or feather.

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Try Ballistic. You get 2 covers. One snaps on to phone and if you really need to it has an outside cover as well. 2nd cover makes phone a little thick but it really protect if you need that extra layer. I only use the one and it works great. Still fits in pocket no problem. I did not like the way the screen cover made the display look so I just cut it off and used the regular kind.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had been using a case-mate pop case for some time. Like just about everyone else the bar above the charge port broke, and it was always annoying because the sharp corners would poke my hand while holding it. But it was a case with a good grip and helped protect my phone. The bulk was somewhat less than ideal, and an additional issue was that not all headphone connectors could properly go into the 3.5mm jack with the case on. (this was easy enough to work around by getting other audio cables).

Yesterday I got a case-mate tough case . It is one of their apparently standard line of "tough" cases. It has two pieces, first a gel-rubber like sleeve that goes over the phone then a harder rubber-like stiffer case that then goes over that. back and sides with lip on front but not covering screen (i.e., no otterbox).

41IMUnmLZtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The overall effect feels much better in my hand. The grip is still solid as it has a textured feel to it (I love the infuse without a case but it always feels slippery to me, always fear I'll drop it). The phone feels much more svelte, and much nicer in my pocket.

I got black/black but apparently you can get other colors, and sometimes the inner sleeve is a different color to produce an accented look if that's your thing.

I don't have a separate camera handy but there is a customer shot on the amazon page that pretty much sums it up:

51lY4QzKJcL.jpg

I don't remove my battery much at all, so I consider this to be an ideal case. I hadn't considered the battery issue, I guess if that's a concern the pop case was easier to slip on and remove.

I'd have to say overall I'm much happier with this case. Amazon has it for around $19 but a quick search finds it for less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty