thinking about rooting my infuse...

ImInfused

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Reason not to do it is that you can void your warranty. But you can easily unroot it before you go a shop or anything. so its not really a problem
As for why you should do it, You can install roms thatll make your phone look much better, such as you can get a beta for the gingerbread, may have a few bugs, but ive heard the pros overcast the cons.
Its all up to you.
Google is a friend to all. The only reason not to use it is if you dont know how to clear your history ;)

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Rooting the infuse is as simple as clicking a button. Search xda for all you need. So far I only root to run screen snapshot... you can also delete the fluff apparently as well.

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
when you say its as easy as clicking a button...what exactly do i need to download to make it that easy....ive read a little about it...but everything ive read makes it sound alot more difficult than i want it to be lol...cause i have rooted my tablet...and it wasnt that hard if i remember correctly...is there like a app i can download to just do it with one click of a button...if so just let me know...also is it gonna delete everything i have on it? Cause i know when i did it to my tablet all my apps were deleted...btw the tablet sucks...its a cheapo Coby Kyros...kinda just a waste of money lol

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple of good YouTube videos that show you how. Just search on "how to root a Samsung Infuse". Really just need a PC, your Infuse and two download files.

Reactions: keelon.ellis

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't quite as easy as pushing a button... I had to try 3 different methods before one of them worked (super-1-click). The rooting helped with a few apps, but it wasn't until I went to a new ROM (that I put off for way too long) that I really saw the benefits and a truly upgraded experience. The rooting was a necessary step for this, though.

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
rooting is by far the first step to unlocking a WIDE variety of customizations that you can do to your Infuse, and any Android device for that matter. different ROMs, freezing and/or removing bloatware, making full back of your apps and app settings, etc. definitely the way to go

christo83

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I know this sounds lame but I have no internet access other than on my infuse....so what I am wondering is if there is a way to download superoneclick.exe to my phone so that I can unzip it to my PC? All links I have tried the phone doesn't allow....kinda lost but I want to root my phone so any legitimate info would be useful. Thanks

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
What all extra would I be able to do after rooting my device...also is there any reason not to root it?

Your question already leads me to believe you do not likely need to root. Unless there is a specific thing you want to do with the phone and cannot do now, then rooting would be an option. Rooting just for the sake of rooting or to venture into whatever is out there would not be a reason for me. When I rooted my phone I knew in advance already what I wanted to do and couldn't do.

Goneeuro

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
As egidio said, you don't have to root if the phone does everything you want it to do. There's a ton of customization in the market. To give you an example. I moved to Europe and am allowed to tether on my network here but the infuse looks to ATT to see if you have tethering turned on on your account. So I rooted my phone and froze the application that looks to att. Now I can tether without issue. I don't think there is anything else I've done with root. I am planning on buying either the gs2 or wait till the gs3 is released here to upgrade my phone. I've given up waiting for GB for this phone so I will buy whatever phone ends up with ICS. I am not into the roms because they don't give me any features I need.