Xfer iphone contacts to infuse

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
There are a few forums on this although they are for people still with the iphone..

I never sync my contacts through gmail however im starring at them right now through icloud..

how do i get them into my android?!

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if there is an easier way, but I would recommend just taking your iPhone to AT&T and asking them to back it up. They'll transfer all of them over to your Infuse at their store.

I tried to sort out the contacts on my mom's iPhone and it was horrendous. I don't know if I just didn't know an easy way to do it, but the back up options did not work well (iCloud, you can't tell/see, even though you're supposed to just believe it's all being back up there on Apple's servers) and the iTunes options for syncing the iPhone to GMail worked just as well as... well, not working.

Seriously, I have no idea why iPhones are supposed to be easy to use... I mean, maybe for more things, but boy, while I was helping my mother out with her phone, things like the contacts and not being able to download email files for mp3's and whatnot drove me crazy and made me believe Android is not necessarily any harder to use than iOS (if not easier... at least in my opinion, now).

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Before I switched over to the Infuse, I had an iPhone 3G. The contacts transfer was easy for me. I just moved my contacts to Google (I was using Apple's Address Book). Once I got the Infuse and logged on to my Google account, my contacts all appeared on the phone.

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually i just synced everything from facebook. It put their pic, number and all their info..

I thought it wouldnt put their number but i guess thats just the iphone..

This phone gets better and better

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually i just synced everything from facebook. It put their pic, number and all their info..

I thought it wouldnt put their number but i guess thats just the iphone..

This phone gets better and better

Be careful, I wouldn't rely on Facebook. It's nice, but those numbers won't be stored on your phone/Gmail. That means if your friend(s) decide to remove their numbers from Facebook, or deactivate their pages (which seems to be a popular trend among people these days), their numbers will disappear from your phone as well upon the next sync cycle.

I'd really recommend using Google. The first thing I recommend Android users is to go into their contact settings and set it so that every time a new number/contact is added, it's added to Google, not phone/SIM.