AT&T ETF raised, they scared of the Evo/4G/WiMax!!

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
smart business practice IMO. Its probably not just the EVO 4G, once the iphone is launched on other carriers next month people are gunna go running for the hills.

Prkl8r

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It could be because the Verizon Iphone could be on it's way. Which BTW is about the ONLY big announcement that could come out of WWDC that would be even interesting (well, aside from a 32 GB or 64 GB HD on the iPhone Quatro, since me soon to be evo will probably stuck with 16GB, as I can't afford the $200 for a 32GB microsd).

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
once the iphone is launched on other carriers next month people are gunna go running for the hills.

Without supporting evidence I will believe this when I see it. If this were truly going to happen I am fairly certain we would have had some evidence before now.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Without supporting evidence I will believe this when I see it. If this were truly going to happen I am fairly certain we would have had some evidence before now.

Verizon did it months ago, why shouldn't AT&T? It's like the airlines charging for baggage. Once XX sees ZZ get away with it they all follow. I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to do it (if they are). If they don't do it "sooner" you can be sure they will do it "later."

It will stop folks from buying the next iPhone on a "family line" upgrade (or new line) for $10/month then reselling it for $1000 after only spending $400-$500 including ETF's. You can be sure Sprint will follow close behind as well as T-Mo.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
smart business practice IMO. Its probably not just the EVO 4G, once the iphone is launched on other carriers next month people are gunna go running for the hills.

Next month will only be on AT&T and with the amount of sales the new Apple device will bring, AT&T are not scared of Sprint in any shape or form.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It could be because the Verizon Iphone could be on it's way. Which BTW is about the ONLY big announcement that could come out of WWDC that would be even interesting (well, aside from a 32 GB or 64 GB HD on the iPhone Quatro, since me soon to be evo will probably stuck with 16GB, as I can't afford the $200 for a 32GB microsd)

No one else is getting the Iphone until after 2012, AT&T still has an exclusive deal with them until then, maybe Iphone 6g so stop kidding yourselfs. You'd be a fool to pay $200 for a 32gb microsd card when Amazon has them for under $75.

Last edited:

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Except for the fact the fees are not retroactive. So they are not afraid of the new phone just trying to lock people in that buy newer smartphones. Flipping iphones has become a big thing to people that do not want a new phone and are out of contract and this should stop that for the most part.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Are they that concerned about flipped iPhones?

Since there have been rumors that AT&T is paying apple the unsubsidized price for iphones no matter what they sell them at I would say yes they are. And consider that both t-mobile and verizon have raised ETF fees within the last year. I would think the only thing that is holding sprint back is the fact they are hemorrhaging customers and money at alarming rates.
Contray to popular belief the US does not really have a competive cell market since you cannot buy a phone and use it on whomever you want. There is too much fragmentation between CDMA, GSM, and even within GSM the freqs used.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It's more of AT&T being tired of getting screwed & ripped off by users buying a smartphone for the discounted price and re-selling for a lot more cash than the ETF.

It also helped that they saw Verizon do it and didn't get blasted too much and said "oh we, maybe we can pull it off too."

Mughato

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yep, another bad precedent that went unchallenged, which ultimately will become the norm.

Can anyone say "EVO Tax" and "Hotspot" fees? Another bad precedent about to be established.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty