Anyone know when AT&T will get a good android phone?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, new to the forums! So the title says it all, thanks for reading!
Never while they have the exclusive on the iPhone. They are making way to much money from Apple and the phone to risk bringing in good devices that are starting to become serious competition for the iPhone.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Never while they have the exclusive on the iPhone. They are making way to much money from Apple and the phone to risk bringing in good devices that are starting to become serious competition for the iPhone.

I can agree but with all the rumors floating about apple leaving AT&T I suspect that they are true but not until LTE his on Verizon. Which means once apple makes the announcement at WWDC on June 7th then AT&T is free to do what they want. And I can have limited hope that they will get with the picture. Since if they do not and the rumors are true they will be so far behind in the android game with apple leaving they might never catch up.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
By good I mean something along the lines of the HTC EVO. I know that I can get an unlokced Nexus One, but the N1 has been out for awhile, and I don't want to buy something thats going to be considered old soon. I currently have a iPhone, but I'm getting bored with iPhone OS. I used to have a g1, but I didn't like it because as a 1.1 it didn't really do much.

EDIT: As far as rumored android phones on att, the only thing I've heard of is a samsung i897 http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/05/28/att-bound-and-android-2-1-powered-samsung-i897-breaks-cover/ But I've had samsungs before and they suck. I want HTC to release another high-end android phone for att.

Last edited:

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what makes a phone old to you. Yes the N1 has been out for 6 months now but consider that every higher end HTC phone is still using the same processor.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I can agree but with all the rumors floating about apple leaving AT&T I suspect that they are true but not until LTE his on Verizon. Which means once apple makes the announcement at WWDC on June 7th then AT&T is free to do what they want. And I can have limited hope that they will get with the picture. Since if they do not and the rumors are true they will be so far behind in the android game with apple leaving they might never catch up.

Those rumors are just that rumors, their exclusive goes to 2012. They are market analysts trying to predict not genuine insiders and even those who claim to be insiders are really crApple fans trying to get people to not buy the (superior) android devices coming out now.

808dee

May 26, 2010
dee808.blogspot.com
as for now apple still sits on top of the hill so the rumors might be coming from the phone carriers to help drive up the stocks maybe. investors would love to see iphone on there carriers. at&t might see more action if they let a high quality android phone in there network with no limits in the app market but i think jobs got some kinda stock deal with at&t for the rights to the iphone if he has his say so then no power androids are going to shop up anytime soon. with the incredible, the evo, in the high end hero droid the new slide in the middle soon we will see android coming to the low end phone apple and at&t wont stand a chance unless the change the way things are for them.

backflipperrr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what your definition of "good" is. My wife and I love our new backflips. After using windows mobile on the LG Incite, the android on backflips is awesome, evan with ATT bloatware that we cannot unistalle, etc. We chose the backflip over and iphone after testing both in the store.

Last night the tv cable was out of service, so the wife was watching Love Boat episodes in bed on her backflip via tv dot com app. :)

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what your definition of "good" is. My wife and I love our new backflips. After using windows mobile on the LG Incite, the android on backflips is awesome, evan with ATT bloatware that we cannot unistalle, etc. We chose the backflip over and iphone after testing both in the store.

Last night the tv cable was out of service, so the wife was watching Love Boat episodes in bed on her backflip via tv dot com app. :)

You won't get much love in here, though.

I think the backflip is more than adequate for its target audience. This forum, however, is geared more towards the high-end technical users.

As far as functionality goes, I would be happy with a backflip, but I am holding out for the Galaxy S just because of the techie-geek in me. My wife will get her iPhone replaced with the iPhone 4 on June 24th.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You won't get much love in here, though.

I think the backflip is more than adequate for its target audience. This forum, however, is geared more towards the high-end technical users.

As far as functionality goes, I would be happy with a backflip, but I am holding out for the Galaxy S just because of the techie-geek in me. My wife will get her iPhone replaced with the iPhone 4 on June 24th.

I'm in the same boat. All I really NEED is email and calendar and occaisional web use. So, just about anything out there would take care of my NEEDS. However, I WANT something more. At first, I was ready to jump on the Palm Pre Plus, but after seeing all the stuff it CAN'T do, I forgot about all the stuff it CAN do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non