Got LTE for the first time this weekend!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Had a trip down to Quincy Boston MA this weekend! Damn lte is fast! But it also destroyed my battery! Not sure it's a good trade off. Anyone else agree? This weekend I will going from Vermont to Ohio! Another good road trip.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
LTE is pretty awesome. Just manage your app and alerts and your phone will be fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Should have added to my post that there are new LTE chips in the works. The current LTE chipset is huge, which accounts for the first Verizon phones being so big - you need a larger area to dissipate the heat. It also ushered in the big phone fad. Also, the current chipset is a battery hog. But, the new chips that are being tested and might be released in phones as early as the 4th quarter are much smaller, run much cooler and don't drain nearly as much juice. When these chips start making their way into the new phones it will really give a boost to demand for LTE.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I wish I could do is turn LTE off. Its not much of a need. Nice if I was streaming videos or music or something. My HSPA+ is fast enough! (10 megs in VT!)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk