AT&T Shenanigans (Alltel switchover)

Smalls

Sep 24, 2010
mygamingnet.co.cc
So I made the transition to AT&T from Alltel back in February. Great phone, ok service (3G is great... Voice is terrible), etc; however, my mother got a letter in the mail today that we were going over our data usage.

Now I know AT&T has the capped data plans at 2 GB, but AT&T said they would honor our contract from Alltel. We had unlimited data, text, and 750 minutes with Alltel, and if what AT&T said was true then there has to be some shenanigans (In which case that they are going against our original contract with Alltel). I know on the link I posted it states that our rate plans can change, but is it seriously changing over a month after I activated the phone?

I was just wondering if there were any Alltel users here who have already switched over have gotten the same letter.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Did you sign up for new phones (on contract?) with ATT? Typically when you get new discounted phones, your contract resets. They may honor alltel's prices, but only for as long as you have alltel plans and devices.

NicoleW78

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It probably depends on which phone you went to when you did the switch over. Some phones let you keep your Alltel plan, some of the premium phones did require an ATT plan. I'd give ATT a call and find out from them.

Using tapatalk!

Smalls

Sep 24, 2010
mygamingnet.co.cc
We kept our old contract. I had a HTC Hero before we were to switch and we both got an Aria when we switched.

I took a look at the letter and it's basically saying they are charging for data by the kilobyte; however, by doing the USSD code (*3282#) to see how much date we have used it shows we have Unlimited data. Even on the "My Account" page it shows this.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Over a decade ago I had Alltel in PA and it got bought by Verizon. Despite the notice that I didn't have to change my plan, they cut my unlimited night and weekend anyway.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the grandfathered Unlimited plan AT&T offered, and I've gotten a notice a couple times since the 2gb deal. They honor the original plan, but try hard as possible to get me to change.