Switching from Blackberry to Atrix on AT&T

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering the switch from BlackBerry to the Atrix when it is released, and have a question about data plans. Currently I have an unlimited BlackBerry data plan (which doesn't even reach 100MB of data usage per month). When looking at the available non-BlackBerry plans, they have the DataPro plans, one regular and one Enterprise. Will they actually block access to my Exchange server at work if I don't subscribe to the more expensive Enterprise plan?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I get email through exchange on the lower data plan. I thought Enterprise was only available on the Blackberry plans (I don't have an option for it).

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just have them change you over to unlimited Smartphone data. Same cost as the BB plan, same unlimited usage, but without the BIS. Your exchange will work fine.

As long as you keep the unlimited plans, you can switch from BB to iPhone to Smartphone. If you ever change to a tiered plan, you will lose the unlimited one permanently, unless they bring it back(not likely).

HDGuru7

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar scenario. I was just put on a Blackberry Torch 9800 for work. I just came from an Evo and I really miss Android. I was thinking of buying an unlocked phone. Would there be any issues if I just swap out the sim card from the Torch to say an Infuse or something like that? Or would I have to contact AT&T and get them to take me off of the Blackberry data package? I'm not going through exchange or anything else like that. Any thoughts?

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
AT&T will have to switch you to the smartphone plan. BB plans route your traffic through the BIS servers.

Make sure your workplace isn't using BES, though. You may have to keep the BB, depending on they administer the traffic.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You realize it was another post that was combined to an old one, right? When I responded earlier it was a desperate post on the main page, second post down.