AT&T Question

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So I have been debating all week on whether or not I should get the Inspire and I think that I might get it when it comes out. My concern is, I myself don't have an upgrade. But one of my family members does and they could care less about upgrading any time soon. Is it possible for me to get the Inspire on their number and then when we get it switch it to my number? I was also wondering if this would mess up my grandfathered unlimited data package. Thanks for all of the help.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can use there number to upgrade your phone as long as your on the family plan, and the when yours becomes eligable if they want they can upgrade..You will not loose your grandfather status. I do this all the time as we have 4 numbers on our plans and I always use the kids...lol...

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have another question. Is there anyway to get an upgrade on a line when the contract isn't up? I saw that I could get an iPhone upgrade for $18 with new 2 year commitment. Is there any way to do this if you don't want an iPhone? I figure they are only doing this to try and get people to not go to the Verizon iPhone but I just thought I'd ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure about that, if your eligable for a iphone upgrade I would think you should be able to upgrade to anything...On the family plan, the primary line is eligable after 12mo, the others are 18mo. if your eligable w/in a week or so they will usally let you upgrade early.

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Alright. Thanks a lot for the help. Well I'm not the primary. But alright. There are other phones that have upgrades on my family plan. So I'm sure I could just use one of thiers and let them take mine. Thanks again.

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. Hey does the inspire have an LED notification light? Lol. I just thought I'd ask cause I don't have one on the Captivate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure about that, if your eligable for a iphone upgrade I would think you should be able to upgrade to anything...On the family plan, the primary line is eligable after 12mo, the others are 18mo. if your eligable w/in a week or so they will usally let you upgrade early.

What other requirements are there for the 12 month upgrade? Is this for newer customers only? Thanks