ATT Android Phones

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey yall,

Ok there's the ATT backflip and the Nexus One. Are there any other Android phones that will run under the 3G freqs for AT&T? I've heard the backflip is severely crippled and of course the N1 is unlocked, but there's no way to play with it. Any devices I'm missing at this point?

Kage_

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Milestone from Telus and so far I haven't had any problems. The only thing bad about it was the huge price. I had to pay $600.

Gostdogg

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxys s and the desire are possibly coming to AT&T if you don't mind the wait. That's what I'm doin. Just waitin. Sucks but looks like it will be worth it.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Milestone from Telus and so far I haven't had any problems. The only thing bad about it was the huge price. I had to pay $600.

I was looking at the keyboard on the Milestone. It looks like the Z and the Y keys are swapped. Is this right?

The Galaxys s and the desire are possibly coming to AT&T if you don't mind the wait. That's what I'm doin. Just waitin. Sucks but looks like it will be worth it.

I'll have to do some looking at those devices. Those haven't popped up on my radar yet. Thanks!

G

GenericMessage

The Dell Aero is going to AT&T. Once again, they crippled it. No market, no gmail......

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The Dell Aero is going to AT&T. Once again, they crippled it. No market, no gmail......

My sister has the backflip and she was required to create a gmail and she downloads Market apps.

I believe they are just locking non Market apps, which will be a moot point when you root and put a custom rom on the device.

And you know this how?

You can guess they will do the samething but until the phone is out to be tested cannot be sure.

I believe the device which Dell & AT&T were quick to point out has changes coming. Whether minimal or substantial, I will hold judgement until it's released.

The backflip isn't my cup of tea, but she knows nothing about rooting and custom roms and for her, she thinks the device is perfect. She wanted an iPhone (after messing with my 2G, then 3G and then 3Gs) and now she says she prefers her backflip.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the keyboard on the Milestone. It looks like the Z and the Y keys are swapped. Is this right?

I would think this is correct. When i was in europe most of the computer keyboards had y and z switched....so it becomes a qwertz keyboard instead of a qwerty lol.

dion

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Is the Nexus One the strongest handset I can get that's compatible with AT&T 3G? How does it compare to phones rumored to come out on AT&T this summer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non