nook app for kindle fire won't go to sleep...

flmgrip

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
installed the nook app on the kindle fire it works great, except it won't go to sleep !

my wife likes to read in bed and falls asleep all the time ;) no big deal except the kindle stay's on when it's in the nook app...

anyone else have that problem? (and a solution...)

thanks !

coryocala

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Same here on Captivate OS 2.2 and Nook Color with CM7 running from the SD card. Neither one will sleep when the book is open.

I just spent a total of 25 minutes on Barns & Noble live chat and they don't have a clue. Said they hadn't heard about it but did finally say,

"What we are going to do is to take note of this issue and forward it to our Product Team. We will also look for other customers who are experiencing the same issue. Just so you know, we do not have exact time as to when this will be resolved."

I told them there were a few forums with people asking this same question...we'll see.

JeffStall

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea, there currently isn't a fix for this. I was reading an emotobook on my fire while in the nook fan and realized I had stuff on the stove. Came back an hour+ later to find the fire was still on and not sleeping lol. After playing with it for damn near 6 hours and trying to figure out whats wrong, I gave up. Has to be a developer issue that they need to look into.

flmgrip

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
that's the response i got from b&n support...:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us about NOOK for Android.

We are sorry but at this time, auto-exit is not a feature of NOOK for Android. We appreciate your feedback and will forward it to the individuals responsible for NOOK for Android software development for consideration and possible implementation.

If you have any further comments, we invite you to chat with one of our Digital representatives by clicking on this link:

NOOK & NOOK Color Support

Your feedback is critical to the success of our business, and we rely on suggestions such as yours to help us determine what our customers value most.

Once again, thank you for your email.

Judy Kube

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I found out where the block is and it is in the permissions of the android app for nook and blocks sleep mode for ANY user on any device. This means B&N has to fix it, we can't. I'm contacting B&N as I want my sleep back or I won't be able to use their app. I have over 400 books but if they can't fix this I'll use aldiko or another ereader app instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87