S4 Lollipop release TELUS

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any inside info on a release date of Lollipop for the Galaxy S4 on Telus?
Their updates page says soon, and confirms it's coming but of course no date.
I can't say I recall a new OS taking THIS long since release. Been since November. Almost 6 months.
At least even though we are LAST at Telus for updates it seems, we never seem to have the issues
that other providers have. So I guess they do some pretty intense testing.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's a question of being last on Telus. As far as I know, no carrier in North America has the S4 on Lollipop. I'm with Videotron and still don't have it either. I think Samsung is only in the Europe for the moment.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and installed Lollipop on my S4 last night. Seems to be running pretty damn good. I am noticing a HUGE battery gain with Lollipop compared to KitKat. So far so good. Can't complain, at least yet.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
New Galaxy S5 Lollipop Release Details Confirmed

Earlier this week, Canadian carrier Rogers confirmed plans to release its Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop update in the near future. A specific release date isn’t known but the carrier now says that it the software will be coming soon. When it does arrive, we’ll be able to add it to a long list of Galaxy S5 Lollipop upgrades available in North America.

Well first, this thread is specifically regarding Telus, not Rogers, and second it's regarding the S4 not the S5.
So you are way off. Please take the time to read before you post

cbns007

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded and installed Lollipop on my S4 last night. Seems to be running pretty damn good. I am noticing a HUGE battery gain with Lollipop compared to KitKat. So far so good. Can't complain, at least yet.

My S4 update is downloading right now! :)
(Yes, Telus and galaxy S4.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89