[12/JUL/21] AUG4 Global, Exynos, JULY Android Security patch + camera update

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Once again it is the EE firmware for the U.K. on CSC code EVR that is released for U.K. carrier branded phones first.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

o3rraXzm.png

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
S21 devices on the U.K. carrier branded firmware for O2 on CSC code O2U are now receiving the July update for AUG4.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
S21 devices on the U.K. carrier branded firmware for Vodafone on CSC code VOD are now receiving the July update for AUG4.

This only leaves the carrier branded S21 devices for Three network, CSC H3G, to release. Last as usual.

3bRSYjWm.png

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm still annoyed by battery life now. When I first got the phone it was easily lasting a day and a half. Now I'm having to top up during the day. I've tried wiping cache partition etc but no improvement. Biggest issue seems to be chrome for me (like over 30% of battery usage)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm still annoyed by battery life now. When I first got the phone it was easily lasting a day and a half. Now I'm having to top up during the day. I've tried wiping cache partition etc but no improvement. Biggest issue seems to be chrome for me (like over 30% of battery usage)

I am actually loving this AUG4 update. Around 30 hours with 9 hours SoT. One thing that saves loads of battery is switching the Always On Display to, "Tap to show".

azAgFO9l.png

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The AUG4 update has been released at long last for those with carrier branded S21 devices for the U.K. network Three on CSC code H3G.

Kos4gQ0m.png

Only took 21 days since the original release of AUG4.

Last edited: