[12/JUL/21] AUG4 Global, Exynos, JULY Android Security patch + camera update

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This latest update is the 14th for the Global, Exynos, S21 series and is currently being rolled out by Samsung and is a later, July, build than the current U.S. Snapdragon update AUFD which has a June build date.

This update is for camera, general bugfixes and July security patch.

Initially, as always, this is rolling out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B
This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU3AUF6 build.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Changelog

• Performance of camera has been improved
  • The security of your device has been improved
The update = G99*BXXU3AUG4

Download = 315.32MB

Build date = 06 July 2021

Release date = 12 July 2021

Camera version = 11.0.03.16

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = 01 July 2021

This is the 14th stable update in 168 days. Average = 1 update every 12 days.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available.

AUG4 System information

Qj1Oiwtl.jpg

Camera version

QGaJQZ9l.png

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This article from SamMobile gives more insight into this latest AUG4 release...

"The new update fixes some 20 security vulnerabilities found in Samsung’s software. The new update, which aims to fix the Android Auto bug that some Galaxy users were facing, could also include some new features and device stability improvements."

See full article...
July 2021 security update starts rolling out to the Galaxy S21 internationally

Source... https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s21-july-2021-security-update-released-internationally/

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The latest AUG4 update is now rolling out to the U.K. non carrier branded S21 devices with CSC code BTU.

Also available for...

Portugal (TPH)

Italy (ITV)

Greece (EUR)

Luxembourg (LUX)

Germany (VD2, Vodafone)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I work from home and live in the sticks, so no 5G yet. However, there has definitely been an improvement in my EE network signal strength, (-dBm & ASU), with this updated, AUG4, Baseband.

(Lower -dBm & higher ASU is better)

Old Baseband signal strength

3WTY3j8l.png

New, AUG4, Baseband signal strength

quzAXmil.png

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Still nothing for EE, (EVR), O2, (O2U), Vodafone, (VOD), or Three, (H3G), U.K. networks at the moment.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No fake-outs this month, got it this morning.

Also wiped my cache partition for the first time since I got the phone in January lol. Something needs to be done about that tiny recovery menu.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
No fake-outs this month, got it this morning.

Also wiped my cache position for the first time since I got the phone in January lol. Something needs to be done about that tiny recovery menu.
I know what you mean about that Recovery menu @fuzzylumpkin... microscopic!

Always a good idea to clear the cache partition after an update in case there is any detritus from a previous build. I would also recommend doing the Galaxy App Booster as well. See...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...partition-galaxy-app-booster.html#post6957838

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean about that Recovery menu @fuzzylumpkin... microscopic!

Always a good idea to clear the cache partition after an update in case there is any detritus from a previous build. I would also recommend doing the Galaxy App Booster as well. See...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...partition-galaxy-app-booster.html#post6957838

Yeah the app booster has actually just finished. I've meant to wipe it after every update, but since we have to connect to a PC to get into recovery mode now, it's something I've not gotten round to until today!

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm skeptical that it's helpful to routinely clear the system cache after an update. If it were, then it would likely be done automatically with each update. I never wipe the cache these days unless I'm having a specific problem, which is hardly ever.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Why is Samsung making it so difficult to wipe the cache partition on their newer devices? The volume/power button trick is so simple and quick on most every other android device that you can have it done in a minute or two. And if done regularly, it makes a big difference in how well a phone works.

I wonder if they're purposely trying to deter people from keeping their phones running smoothly, so they'll buy phones more often..... like Apple purposely slowing down phones with updates, to get their users to buy new phones. I've never looked at updates quite the same since that s***show lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think they want to obfuscate the recovery menu, and the ability to wipe the cache partition is something they didn't even consider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos