15hrs and I'm almost there...

ricsam

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Up until yesterday, I have never used or seen an android base phone/table. I decide to buy a NC and see if I could do what you guys doing with this device. Well, 15 straight hours later, after much cursing, a little violence and the wife saying "if you going to spend this much time on this thing, we're going to have problems", I think I'm almost there

This is where I'm at: Successful at loading both honeynook and 2.2 (nookie 0.5.9 img.gz) w/ a sd card. I can finally (dont think i could repeat that task again under 5 hrs) connect to the NC via usb. I'm having problems adding google apps.

I download the gapp zip file, unpackaged it in sdk file with system file in the tool file. I go to the that black box, type in the adb commands. when I do the 'adb push" command a stream of commands flash by. Type reboot. the NC reboots. Go to the NC, I cant see any changes. No new apps when i hit the square dot thing, nothing named 'extra', didnt notice any changes elsewhere, except softkey backward not working anymore.

Any ideas what I did wrong or where to look?
Thanks

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
when you see a "stream of commands flash by" it should be a line by line display showing each google app (gmail, etc) being installed. Each app will take about 1-2 seconds and each line will look the same as the others except the name of the app being installed will change.

If instead you are just getting a flash of all kinds of information then you did something wrong in the adb commands. Assuming you have the gapps system folder in your adb folder (tools or platform-tools) then you are typing something wrong in the adb push sequence of commands.

Hope that is understandable???

ricsam

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I got it to work on the nookhoney 3. It was a fast line by line command. I'll start over and try it again on 2.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796