165.00 Contract buyout + 199 for phone? Do I look stupid?

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is what you can do and I did this when I bailed from Sprint the first time, you file an FCC complaint and a BBB complaint which they do not like and when you get a call from Sprint's escalations department you demand either a bill credit or you want out of your contract etf free. Chances are they will grant you either one of those options. If you can get out of your contract you close your account and reapply for service. Then you get the $199.99 price for the Galaxy S III.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make sense, I mean you hate them so much and their network and yet you are willing to stay with them for another two years.

I left sprint for the same reason, and no I am not going back until they have LTE up and running in my area. They can give me a free phone and I still won't use their service.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Called Sprint and they gave me the option to buyout my contract for 165.00 in order to get the upgrade price on the GS3.. WTF, do I look like a fool?! Why should I have to pay Sprint in order to FINALLY get the latest technology when I am supposed to already have the latest technology in Wimax? Sprint has acknowledged that their 3g network is over capacitated and slow so as a long term customer why wouldn't they just offer me the phone at upgrade price?

My question is, do any of you feel screwed that Sprint is fianlly on the right path in technology and that you should be able to upgrade your phone to an LTE device so that you can finally enjoy a solid and fast network? Should Sprint not offer us the upgrade price and have its loyal customer pay full price or extra to get what many of us was supposed to be getting with the HTC Evo?

Did it like you this afternoon to get the GS3 and don't regret it. Cheaper than buying full retail price but you do what you have to do.

Ian B

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am but remember that my contract will then be updated to whatever date I purchase the phone.

So if you dislike sprint so much, pay the etf and move on. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing the same whining in every other thread.

Btw, I paid 45 to move my upgrade 2 months.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Reactions: ScandaLeX

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Here is what you can do and I did this when I bailed from Sprint the first time, you file an FCC complaint and a BBB complaint which they do not like and when you get a call from Sprint's escalations department you demand either a bill credit or you want out of your contract etf free. Chances are they will grant you either one of those options. If you can get out of your contract you close your account and reapply for service. Then you get the $199.99 price for the Galaxy S III.

Thanks for that information..I will be doing this ASAP

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

My brother also did that last year. He got his surprise when sprint told him to take his business elsewhere. So did Verizon, at&t and T-Mobile. He is now on a pay as you go plan as he's been blacklisted. now he wishes he didn't do it.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight..If you sign a contract for say the morning paper to be delivered to your home everyday at 800am and the other party delivers at 10am everyday basically breaking its contract obligation you would just deal with it??? You must be some push over..this is called "performance" in a contract and right now Sprint is not performing. I bet if I don't pay my bill I could guarantee that my services will be stopped.

you knew what you were signing up for. Your current phone still works for what you signed up for. Quit complaining.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this straight..If you sign a contract for say the morning paper to be delivered to your home everyday at 800am and the other party delivers at 10am everyday basically breaking its contract obligation you would just deal with it??? You must be some push over..this is called "performance" in a contract and right now Sprint is not performing. I bet if I don't pay my bill I could guarantee that my services will be stopped.

show me where in the contract that it tells you that you will get the fastest speeds possible. Depending on when u first started with sprint you had 14 or 30 days, and if you didn't like the service you can get out EFT free.

And yes you would loose service if you don't pay, would also get sent to collections.

I say just wait it out, by the end of 2013 sprints network will be better.

Reactions: byeblackberry

luvbug

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that information..I will be doing this ASAP

Figures you are a Baby! Take your ball & go home. Cry cause you can't have the S III for 199. Don't you know you have to pay to play. Really what you going to do when the next new phone comes out in 6 months. Whine again to have it. Grow up. I don't feel sorry for you or anybody like you.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Figures you are a Baby! Take your ball & go home. Cry cause you can't have the S III for 199. Don't you know you have to pay to play. Really what you going to do when the next new phone comes out in 6 months. Whine again to have it. Grow up. I don't feel sorry for you or anybody like you.

Lmao....I get this kind of reply because sprint has factually FAILED to hold up to at least an average network?? Go take a look at Sprint forums and you will see that ALL OVER THE COUNTRY users are complaining about the poor network, especially the Iphone4!!! So you're telling me not to whine about 300ms latency and less than 75kps download speeds when the gs2 is in fact a "smartphone"? So you are telling me that when Sprint told us that their 4g (wimax) was going to be deployed "everywhere" to "millions" of customers and it in FACT didn't happen that I am supposed to be satisfied with what I have now??? My friend you must have no backbone what so ever..pushover much?! I would encourage you to fight tooth and nail for the service that you work hard to pay for. Don't bend for any promise and DEMAND a great user experience for whatever you pay for..I guess your the person that if you notice a roach or bug in your 5 star meal you would just take it out and keep eating it huh?? LMAO:confused:

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
show me where in the contract that it tells you that you will get the fastest speeds possible. Depending on when u first started with sprint you had 14 or 30 days, and if you didn't like the service you can get out EFT free.

And yes you would loose service if you don't pay, would also get sent to collections.

I say just wait it out, by the end of 2013 sprints network will be better.

Would never ask for the fastest speeds possible..But I do and will demand at LEAST 100kbps download speeds.

luvbug

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The truth is I would not expect a 5 star meal from Sprint. This is a budget carrier. I know you are aware of this. First Verizon, then AT&T then Sprint T-Mobile. But you are cheap so you have a Sprint contract. You had your 14-30 days you had to know the network was slow. Why didn't you leave then? Because you are cheap. Like I said before you have to pay to play. Just stop blaming Sprint. Look in the mirror truthteller. You can't handle the truth. Lol. I don't know if you look stupid but you sound like a 2 year-old. Why didn't you just wait for the S III to come out. I'm sure you knew it was coming. But like a 2 year-old you couldn't wait. Now you want Papa to get u that phone at any cost. Expect for 165. + 199. Were u spoiled as a child? Just asking? I really hope you get the phone. No matter what you have to do. Sad.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The truth is I would not expect a 5 star meal from Sprint. This is a budget carrier. I know you are aware of this. First Verizon, then AT&T then Sprint T-Mobile. But you are cheap so you have a Sprint contract. You had your 14-30 days you had to know the network was slow. Why didn't you leave then? Because you are cheap. Like I said before you have to pay to play. Just stop blaming Sprint. Look in the mirror truthteller. You can't handle the truth. Lol. I don't know if you look stupid but you sound like a 2 year-old. Why didn't you just wait for the S III to come out. I'm sure you knew it was coming. But like a 2 year-old you couldn't wait. Now you want Papa to get u that phone at any cost. Expect for 165. + 199. Were u spoiled as a child? Just asking? I really hope you get the phone. No matter what you have to do. Sad.

Lol..Very funny..However, Sprint wasn't this bad 7 months ago. I'd get about 115kbps but now its unacceptable and they know this. Don't know if your you have Sprint or not but ill be going to Tmobile which averages at least 2mbps which is fine with me.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is going threw their rebuilding of their network. They told us this last year and so did AC. So to complain about them being slow makes no sense knowing this. What i don't understand is if your contract is up in 2013 this would mean you upgraded last year correct? Since you mentioned the EVO, is this the phone you currently use?

I called also to see if I can move my Upgrade from 9/1 to 6/21 but i couldn't, I was told they had an early upgrade promotion that just ended 6/1.

I'm trying to understand the anger towards Sprint When all the information was there before you signed 4 2 more years. :(

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is going threw their rebuilding of their network. They told us this last year and so did AC. So to complain about them being slow makes no sense knowing this. What i don't understand is if your contract is up in 2013 this would mean you upgraded last year correct? Since you mentioned the EVO, is this the phone you currently use?

I called also to see if I can move my Upgrade from 9/1 to 6/21 but i couldn't, I was told they had an early upgrade promotion that just ended 6/1.

I'm trying to understand the anger towards Sprint When all the information was there before you signed 4 2 more years. :(

I have the Epic Touch and Sprint wasn't this bad a year ago.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
More times than not these forums really tick me off with the way some people think it's ok to belittle others or their choices. I think it's kind of low to say anyone with Sprint is with then because they're cheap.

I moved to Cali in 1999 and needed a cell phone. The first place I came across was Sprint and have been with then ever since.
Maybe if I had seen a Verizon or At&t store first I'd be with them; but I didn't.

So far after all these years no carrier had been able to offer me anything greater or even comparable to my current plans so there was no need to "jump ship."

Reactions: ItsMeCD

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
No they weren't bad but it has been said that the service was going to suffer while they were working on it.

With the E4GT you should get $250 at least for it online. Sold my first epic after getting my E4GT so really only paid 50 bucks. If you sell yours off them it will cover your $165. And you will not have to pay that fee out of pocket if you sell your phone off by the billing cycle.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No they weren't bad but it has been said that the service was going to suffer while they were working on it.

With the E4GT you should get $250 at least for it online. Sold my first epic after getting my E4GT so really only paid 50 bucks. If you sell yours off them it will cover your $165. And you will not have to pay that fee out of pocket if you sell your phone off by the billing cycle.

Yeah I thought about that also and could actually only end up paying 120 for the gs3..But I am very skeptical of Sprint at this point because of their horrible past and current situation. I just can't deal with 45kbps downloads anymore.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I thought about that also and could actually only end up paying 120 for the gs3..But I am very skeptical of Sprint at this point because of their horrible past and current situation. I just can't deal with 45kbps downloads anymore.

Understandable.

I would see if any other carrier would offer to pay you to come to them. I think Sprint pays $125 to switch. So if any other carrier would do this then this may be your best option. Pay the $165, then the $199 fir the GS3. All this should be put on your bill. Then go to the other carrier and pick up the GS3 pay the $199 up front and get the $125 for switching or whatever they pay you if they do in a few months.

Bring back your Sprint GS3 in less then 14 days and get your account credited. Ant the end you sell off the E4GT or trade it in the Sprint. I believe its $200 bucks for the E4GT?

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
You might want to check on the value of the Epic 4G Touch since the GS3 is coming out it might drastically reduce the GS2's resale value.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans