2.3.4 Build 4.08 Issues

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Here are a few things I'm noticing thus far with the latest build...

1. Camera... If I take a picture and try to delete it while it's still previewing the shot, the phone freezes and requires a battery pull. Also, sometimes the shots look as if they're interlaced and all the frames can't come together. Almost like a 3D image without the glasses.

2. Gallery... The gallery constantly had to rebuild itself. Often showing there are no images. Sometimes it slowly rebuilds itself, other times it only shows a few recently taken pictures. Astro always shows the files available.

3. Friendstream Widget... I use the widget to post both to FB and Twitter at once. If I reboot the phone, it says I'm not signed into any social networks. The only way to fix it is to remove the widget and add it again.

4. Display percentage... My battery use consistently has 80% or more dedicated to the display now. I haven't changed settings or screensaver and haven't changed how much I use the phone...

Figured I'd throw them out there to see if I'm the only one...

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't gotten a chance to download it. Funny. The download message came to me twice. I pressed download, it counted down, it rebooted, then it said not enough memory and said its currently up to date. I don't think I will ever update my phone. :(

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Try what VZWrocks posted in another thread... Change the settings for the clock to manually update and change the hour to an incorrect time... Exit settings, go back in and select manually set time... That may kick off the update again...

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Try what VZWrocks posted in another thread... Change the settings for the clock to manually update and change the hour to an incorrect time... Exit settings, go back in and select manually set time... That may kick off the update again...

Yes, reset the clock manually. That will get you the update notice again. I would free up some memory first. Try clearing your FB cache, and maybe unistalling any apps you don't use. This happened to a buddy of mine. It worked the second time around.

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I found that
1.a few times when replying to a text message I start typing and the keyboard shows the buttons being pushed but no text enters in the field. It takes shutting the screen off and back on a few times to fix.
2. Pushing the Trackpad in and holding does not pop up the menu to selct text or copy etc like it used to. Neither does pushing and holding on the screen. It takes double tapping to do it now.
3. Touch Screen responsivness seems better and phone seems snappier than before the update.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Working on an Inc for a coworker. He received 4.08.605.2 the end of last week.

Initially the update killed his Exchange connection. I walked him through remove/recreate, and now his calendar won't sync in either direction, but only when on 3G.

He also said that his HTC weather app won't work at all unless he leaves location services on all the time.

The weather issue is minor, but does anybody have any ideas with the Exchange calendar glitch?

masego

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having sync issues too. Gmail and Exchange haven't been pushing all weekend, but seem to be okay at the moment after unchecking-checking the sync settings. However, I'm still getting an error on my Exchange Calendar syncing.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried unchecking it and then checking it again? Could be a corupt item in their Calendar. I have had that.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Here are the two things that I found so far:
1- Using the same cord/computer as before the update, even while set to Charge Only, my computer shows the presence of two new removable drives, however when clicked on, neither actually show any content. I have seen this every time in both "Computer" as well as in Device Manager. Switching the DInc to the Disc drive option did not change the fact that no actual content was found in either of the shown removeable drives.

2-When looking at Battery in Settings>About Phone, under the new top bar I see a skinny pixilated horizontal blue line. When I drag down the bar to see the usage, then I get multiple bar code like blue lines across the bottom quarter of the screen.

DJ1977

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
From another thread in this forum
Boot into recovery
• Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
• When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
Select "Reboot system now"
When the system restarts, go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates. Chances are the update is NOT there.
Go to Settings>Set Time & Date. UNCHECK "Use Network Time"
Reset your clock for 1 MONTH ahead
Go back to Settings>About Phone>System Updates
You should get the update now and it should install and reboot flawlessly.

Reactions: alche and mcguirej

gecko

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that the mic for the voice to text imput seems to have gone to hell.
I had absolutely not probelms with it before the update and now it doesnt hear me at all... and talking louder or yelling doesnt help.

it wirks when it wants to

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried unchecking it and then checking it again? Could be a corupt item in their Calendar. I have had that.

If it didn't happen immediately after an update (actually 2 updates almost back to back), I'd agree with you.

From what I was told, one day late last week the user was prompted for the system update, ran it, and about 3 hours later was prompted for a system update again. After the second run, the sync error icon displayed right away. Looking in the Accounts & Settings shows it's only Exchange.

Further testing shows that the issues are:
1. on 3G, no sync at all
2. on wifi, no sync from server to phone, good sync from phone to server.
3. Exchange failed to sync icon shows no matter what network is being used.

I think the user will be on an iPhone by the end of the month (I'm pushing the TBolt, but he's not biting).

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a solution, or even a hint of a solution, for the Exchange Calendar sync issue?

I'm on a DINC, running Gingerbread build 4.08, and my exchange calendar will not sync. It doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or on 3G--nothing happens.

Thanks...

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
sounds like i'm lucky my 4.08 update stalled and hasn't asked me again since. however, i wonder if this made it so that the update is stuck in memory which is why i'm constantly getting the low on storage messages on a daily basis when i have the same apps and i've never had this problem before the update to 4.06

JLDCFO

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My Exchange calendar works fine on GB 4.08.605.2, however now my battery up time and awake time will not zero out daily when I shut down my phone.

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
From another thread in this forum
Boot into recovery
? Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
? When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to ?RECOVERY.?
Press the Power button to select ?RECOVERY.?
When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
Using the volume button, scroll down to ?Wipe cache partition? and select it.
Select "Reboot system now"
When the system restarts, go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates. Chances are the update is NOT there.
Go to Settings>Set Time & Date. UNCHECK "Use Network Time"
Reset your clock for 1 MONTH ahead
Go back to Settings>About Phone>System Updates
You should get the update now and it should install and reboot flawlessly.

Thanks for the help. I had downloaded the update about a month ago and every few days it would try to install it. After clicking to install the update and reboot, it would count down from 10 and then do nothing. I followed your instructions and everything went smoothly, just as you said it would. Thanks. Hopefully this will fix some of the things that got messed up with 2.3.