2 problems with Android auto

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I can't figure out what is going on with Android auto, phone calls and navigation. I uninstalled and re-installed Android auto but to no effect.

Firstly, when I navigate with Android auto, after about 20 mins, the screen says, "phone not responding" and then cuts out. Every single time. I also routinely get the audible message, "GPS signal lost".

Also, phone calls. I can call and text using the on screen menu. And I can text using Google voice assistant. But I cannot call using the same. Everytime I do, I get the audible message, "this service is not available, contact your provider".

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have given all permissions when I re -installed Android auto.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Has it always been that way or just recently after an update on the phone? The car's infotainment software updated to latest version?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Has it always been that way or just recently after an update on the phone? The car's infotainment software updated to latest version?

Hey thanks for the reply. I think it's an infotainment problem. I plugged in my old Note 9 and connected to Android auto and the exact same thing happened. My car's about to go on for an under warranty service so I'll ask to have that checked out. It's a GT Kia Stinger.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I can't figure out what is going on with Android auto, phone calls and navigation. I uninstalled and re-installed Android auto but to no effect.

Firstly, when I navigate with Android auto, after about 20 mins, the screen says, "phone not responding" and then cuts out. Every single time. I also routinely get the audible message, "GPS signal lost".

Also, phone calls. I can call and text using the on screen menu. And I can text using Google voice assistant. But I cannot call using the same. Everytime I do, I get the audible message, "this service is not available, contact your provider".

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have given all permissions when I re -installed Android auto.

I have tried both the AT&T carrier-locked, and the factory unlocked S22 Ultra in my 2013 Ram truck. I have also used an Iphone 13 Pro-Max carrier-locked. Some interesting things I've discovered.
1. The Iphone works flawless when it comes to voice over the bluetooth.
2. Both S22 Ultra's cut out really bad over the bluetooth.
3. Network issues are similar with all three phones.
4. Iphone 13 has bluetooth 5.0, and the S22 Ultra has bluetooth 5.2.
I can't say for sure, but the bluetooth in your vehicle system may be the culprit. I can't speak to the network issues. But the bluetooth version is definitely what I think the issue is with my cutting out issue. I think my Ram truck has version 4.0. Some incompatibility issues may be the culprit. Can't prove it though.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Any issues when you cable up instead of wireless AA?

I have tried both the AT&T carrier-locked, and the factory unlocked S22 Ultra in my 2013 Ram truck. I have also used an Iphone 13 Pro-Max carrier-locked. Some interesting things I've discovered.
1. The Iphone works flawless when it comes to voice over the bluetooth.
2. Both S22 Ultra's cut out really bad over the bluetooth.
3. Network issues are similar with all three phones.
4. Iphone 13 has bluetooth 5.0, and the S22 Ultra has bluetooth 5.2.
I can't say for sure, but the bluetooth in your vehicle system may be the culprit. I can't speak to the network issues. But the bluetooth version is definitely what I think the issue is with my cutting out issue. I think my Ram truck has version 4.0. Some incompatibility issues may be the culprit. Can't prove it though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere