3 Clicks, and I'm on 4.0.4

josher44

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Took somewhere between 5 and 8 times total but it worked. Mine is installing.

And there was much rejoicing.

Issue I hope it solves first - signal loss. And I don't even mean data signal. Just the cell signal (voice and texting). If that stays up this was worth it for me.

HighNDrye

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I cleared the data, clicked Force Stop, then rebooted the phone immediately. Seemed to work! I logged back in, checked my settings and it was downloading the new version.

THanks!

tbrick11

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
just tried and it worked...on the screen when its saying 1969 and check now....instead of pressing check now, i did a long press and it worked...previously i just tapped check now and got nothing! (philly area)

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried dozens of times a couple of days ago, didn't work. This morning: clear data, force stop, reboot, long-press on "check for updates", and I'm finally downloading the update. Thanks!

Fa11ou7

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried the OP's original post a few dozen times and the disable method a couple of times but it didn't work, the first try after I turned WiFi off it took. So, I'm not sure if WiFi is the trick or the 30th time did it but I'm now updated. It seems a bit faster but the phone didn't work until I rebooted the phone after the update.

Xak

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
WOO-friggin-HOO! 1:40PM in central NY and after the second attempt at following the OP's directions, i'm currently finishing the install! Can't wait to see if they'll be a noticeable improvement :)

Thanks for the instructions xyzlene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

- Xak

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Just did this to SIX Nexus and all of them worked on the first attempt the key is MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS PLUGGED IN! Then proceed with the steps, worked every time.

Reactions: steverap

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Read about this on Saturday and it worked on the 1st try. I'm loving the fix to the camera ui and the screen rotation is so much more fluid. Verizon finally took care of the Gnex and now the Zoom is finally getting the same update.

smacky jack

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I was positive that it wouldn't work. I am in California and have had the Verizon Galaxy Nexus since December and have been stuck on 4.0.2. Used this method and it worked on the first try. THANK YOU!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais