30 days with your note your thoughts

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Got my note 8 sep 11..loved it. Oct 15th I watched it stop charging right before my eyes! Nooooo..tried 3 different chargers, did a soft reset, tried charging in safe mode. Nothing. Took it to AT&T yesterday. They couldn't do anything..was there 2 hours while they accidentally claimed the warranty on the wrong phone # and it couldn't be changed. So now I am getting 2 phones sent to me. Will be sending the one back untouched.. And sending by beautiful broken brick back lol. It is totally dead with all my personal info on it. I'm not happy about that. Hopefully my battery issue was an isolated incident.
It wouldn't charge wireless or wired?
That's weird, hope you get back up and running quick.

tofo17

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thirty days in and I still absolutely love this phone. Very happy. Still cannot get over the battery life. Only one issue that I cannot seem to resolve. BT range. On my Note 7 and my S7e the BT range was much farther. I use BT a lot (Gear S3 and earbuds). Other than that very very pleased with my N8.

That's odd, I find the BT range to be better than my S7E. I'm also using a Gear S3. I've actually also thought that my Gear S3 battery life seems better too with the Note8 but that's just a feeling, I haven't done any scientific testing!

Iris scanning also much better than I was expecting from reviews. I wear glasses and the only time it doesn't work is when my glasses desperately need cleaning ;)

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Got it on Sept 5th. Love it. Best phone ever and I wasn't sure it would replace Note 7 in the tech sector of my heart but it really has. Fingerprint sensor is a pain but it works and I know how to use it, generally use the iris scanner which works great. Good battery life,
great camera. Got weekly planner working on my s note apk again. Yay. And music sounds great through headphones, only way I ever listen.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Today is 30days with my Note8 😁

So far loving it.

- Display is amazing, best in the game right now
- Battery Life is very good
- Design is awesome, has great presence
- Camera, fantastic!
- 6GB RAM, LOVING it 😁

This phone is built for power users , and it has served me so well this last month, still can't believe this beast is mine. I am a very heavy user and expect my phone to keep up, and the Note8 does that VERY well.

This phone is a true convergence device.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
There are certain things I really love about this phone and several things I don't. I don't think there is a better phone for me though as I'm hooked on the Spen and have been since the Note 3.
Love -
a) Screen brightness in daylight and just the screen period. This is the first phone I've ever been able to use in daylight. Just gorgeous and a pleasure to view.
b) The overall shape and look. Just a beautiful and well made phone.
c) The S pen. Just amazing. Best feature in a phone (for me) ever. No more notebooks in my back pocket. Just love it. Main reason I will be a Note user probably forever no matter what they change. I pretty much do everything on the phone with the pen in my hand. It doesn't work so great in some games but I text with it, write with it, navigate with it, click it to annoy the wife and generally use the crap out of it. I've never had one break either.
d) TouchWiz is not bad at all on this model. I don't use other launchers for the first time now.
e) Was worried about battery life but it's been pretty dang good for me.

Not liking so much -
a) Screwing up and downgrading the S Note features. This was the main draw to the Note for me. I'm old school and love to hold a pen and write and the old S Note was a full professional app that nobody could come close to doing anything like. It was an amazing app. The "link to action" was another amazing feature. I know it's almost there now but it's not the same.
I know you can download S Note but it's washed down big time. Samsung Notes is just so so. Not a big fan.
Also, in Samsung Notes, you can't even pick a notebook cover like before. You just go to your notes and all you see is writing. It's very messy looking.
b) It's a real tall phone but not wider so it seems there is less flat space to write on than before. Sure you can write longer notes but there are less words per line. Kind of annoying that you can only fit like 4 words on a line. After the Note 7 debacle, I had to get another Note 5 and it's a big difference in writing space to me (across).
c) I'm not understanding the reason why we need such a tall phone if even the pictures you take don't fill up the screen. Am I missing something? Please fill me in if I am.

Can't really think of anything else. I'm totally happy with it and can live with the things I don't like. There is still nothing like it. If you are as tied to the S pen as I am, you still gotta love this thing!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
thank you. exactly my thoughts.
There are certain things I really love about this phone and several things I don't. I don't think there is a better phone for me though as I'm hooked on the Spen and have been since the Note 3.
Love -
a) Screen brightness in daylight and just the screen period. This is the first phone I've ever been able to use in daylight. Just gorgeous and a pleasure to view.
c) The S pen. Just amazing. Best feature in a phone (for me) ever. No more notebooks in my back pocket. Just love it. Main reason I will be a Note user probably forever no matter what they change. I pretty much do everything on the phone with the pen in my hand. It doesn't work so great in some games but I text with it, write with it, navigate with it, click it to annoy the wife and generally use the crap out of it. I've never had one break either.
d) TouchWiz is not bad at all on this model. I don't use other launchers for the first time now.

Not liking so much -
a) Screwing up and downgrading the S Note features. This was the main draw to the Note for me. I'm old school and love to hold a pen and write and the old S Note was a full professional app that nobody could come close to doing anything like. It was an amazing app. The "link to action" was another amazing feature. I know it's almost there now but it's not the same.
I know you can download S Note but it's washed down big time. Samsung Notes is just so so. Not a big fan.
Also, in Samsung Notes, you can't even pick a notebook cover like before. You just go to your notes and all you see is writing. It's very messy looking.
b) It's a real tall phone but not wider so it seems there is less flat space to write on than before. Sure you can write longer notes but there are less words per line. Kind of annoying that you can only fit like 4 words on a line. After the Note 7 debacle, I had to get another Note 5 and it's a big difference in writing space to me (across).
c) I'm not understanding the reason why we need such a tall phone if even the pictures you take don't fill up the screen. Am I missing something? Please fill me in if I am.

Can't really think of anything else. I'm totally happy with it and can live with the things I don't like. There is still nothing like it. If you are as tied to the S pen as I am, you still gotta love this thing!

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Love -

Not liking so much -

100% agree, especially the width of the phone and taking notes. Much less writable space with the curved edges and new aspect ratio. Other than that it's a great device.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Love -

Not liking so much -

Sorry for messy handwriting but open your camera and do this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171021-235108.jpg
    Screenshot_20171021-235108.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 43