3G Data dropping..

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Ok, So far I've been loving this phone, no hiccups, no reboots, no problems and loving the battery life.

I live in a 3G only area so I have the phone set to CDMA only all the time. Last night I was having a chat on Google Talk and my 3G dropped, I figured, meh, it's just gonna need a reboot or let it sit for a while to come back. Well it sure didn't.. that was 12 hours ago from posting this. I've tried every toggle known to man, reboots, etc.. Nothing will give me my 3G back. Can someone please help me to prevent from having to call Verizon and go through all the reboot your phone, return to factory settings crap. Then end up with a factory like-new phone when my phone isn't even a month old yet.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So you already toggled airplane mode on and off? WiFi on and off? and you said you already rebooted. You might be SOL here... take an hour and call Verizon and see what they say... sometimes they can pass you on to OEM customer service as well.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ive had that problem a few times. I turned the airplane mode on and off. Seems to work. Wonder why now its starting to happen. Mainly happens to me at night though. It like gets stuck in battery saver mode or something. Hopefully it will be addressed in the upcoming new software from moto.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
And hopefully they will also have a fix for the camera being so slow...

I know!! I even called Motorola today and complained about it. I was trying to take a picture of something on my computer screen...18 pictures later..still wouldn't focus. It was so annoying cause I had to ask my friend to use their 3gs iphone and it instantly had it focused and taken. Pretty annoyed a phone she paid $100 for (she just got it 2 months ago) takes a hell of a lot better pictures with a better camera than my new $300 phone that just came out less than a month ago. The camera isn't that bad when it focuses, pretty good actually, but just the focus thing is absolutely horrible. Has anyone else had a problem when you take pictures, it will show up dark on the preview but once you go into the gallery, it's a lot lighter?

I have issues with 3G Dropping as well, but not that bad. It's just when I'm inside a building it will say i have 3g and full bars but then internet won't work. I'll have to restart the phone and it will start working. It happens once or twice a week for me though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So far I've been loving this phone, no hiccups, no reboots, no problems and loving the battery life.

I live in a 3G only area so I have the phone set to CDMA only all the time. Last night I was having a chat on Google Talk and my 3G dropped, I figured, meh, it's just gonna need a reboot or let it sit for a while to come back. Well it sure didn't.. that was 12 hours ago from posting this. I've tried every toggle known to man, reboots, etc.. Nothing will give me my 3G back. Can someone please help me to prevent from having to call Verizon and go through all the reboot your phone, return to factory settings crap. Then end up with a factory like-new phone when my phone isn't even a month old yet.

I'm not sure if this will do anything, but what happens if you dial *228, choose option 1 when prompted, to reactivate the phone on the network?

BTW, I just got the Bionic today. 3G never came up on initial set up at the store, so the tech connected to WiFi just to get me out of the store. I stayed for 20 minutes (he said "sometimes it takes up to 20 minutes to start showing 3G"), went to the Starbucks next door for coffee, and came back after 30 more minutes with still no 3G. He punched some stuff in a computer, disappeared with the phone into the backroom, came back showing me the 3G icon - went to the browser and got a "No network found" error - back to the backroom, came back with it working.

I went home and factory reset the thing to start it from scratch again and it's been fine ever since.

Anyway, I was going to try the activation but decided it should be them to do all the work, so I went back into the store.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Try powering down the phone and taking the 4g sim card out. Even if you dont use 4g its still activates the phone with the SIm. Leave the card out for 5 minutes. Put back in and boot up. Same thing as doing *228.

rsbmqt

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have also had the 3G issue. The only thing that seems to correct it is to pull the battery for a few minutes and reinstall. It has solved my problem but is a pain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky