3G mobile hotspot - tracking data usage

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Do any of you know how to track your data usage for the seperate 2GB hotspot allowance?

Is there something in the phone that shows you? Or is there some tab in my verizon that I am missing?

Thanks.

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have MyVerizon installed just add the widget. I don't have the hotspot feature, but the widget tells me how much data I have used in the current billing cycle.

1. Long press home screen
2. Select add widget
3. Click on data usage.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
If you have MyVerizon installed just add the widget. I don't have the hotspot feature, but the widget tells me how much data I have used in the current billing cycle.

1. Long press home screen
2. Select add widget
3. Click on data usage.

I have the widget installed. The problem is that the widget shows you the total data usage.

I want to know at any given time how much of the 2GB they allow for the hotspot I have used.

The widget may show 3GB but I may have only used 1GB for the hotspot. That is the number I am looking for.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow. So even if you are subscribed ($20/monthly) for the 3G hotspot Verizon setup a 2 gig cap? That's messed up. I would definitely want a widget to track tethering usage.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
2GB I thought it was 5GB? You should be able to see it in my Verizon, if you just added it, it may take a day or so for the actual usage to show up in your billing "data" charges deal on the site, not the phone app.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Do any of you know how to track your data usage for the seperate 2GB hotspot allowance?

Is there something in the phone that shows you? Or is there some tab in my verizon that I am missing?

Thanks.

Did you subscribe to the $20/month Mobile hot spot service for Verizon (this is above the $30/month data package required for Smartphones which means you would be paying $50/month for data service alone)?

If so then I wasn't aware there was a 2gb monthly cap for that.

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
droid incredible, droid x, and droid 2, Samsung Fascinate: 3g mobile hotspot= $20 for 2 GB. or, if youve had the $30 plan on your smartphone before july 31 2010, then you can have the plan below on your android phone. essentially, youre "grandfathered" in.

all other smart phone compatible with tether = $30 for 5GB

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
droid incredible, droid x, and droid 2, Samsung Fascinate: 3g mobile hotspot= $20 for 2 GB. or, if youve had the $30 plan on your smartphone before july 31 2010, then you can have the plan below on your android phone. essentially, youre "grandfathered" in.

all other smart phone compatible with tether = $30 for 5GB

Good info to have. Thanks. Stingy bastards...

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes I paid the 20 bucks for the mobile hotspot feature and yes I'm capped at 2gb. I would prefer a 5GB cap but hey what can you do.

CodeToJoy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Be aware, however, that the 2GB cap is separate from your 5GB data cap. If I understand it right, You pay $20 extra for an additional 2GB reserved for your tethering.

I could be wrong, but that's how it was explained to me.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Be aware, however, that the 2GB cap is separate from your 5GB data cap. If I understand it right, You pay $20 extra for an additional 2GB reserved for your tethering.

Data usage and tethering usage is added up separately. You are limited to 2GB of transfer on tethering and up and down add up to the same number. Once you go over than amount there was an overage charge per GB I think? I hope it isn't per mb or there will be some people with HUGE bills.

(Of course instead of paying for the tethering you could use pdanet in a pinch it's free, supports usb and bluetooth or as the old story goes and people get tired of hearing, root and use wireless tethering free.)

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site

My regular data plan is still unlimited. Now I have 2GB for tethering. This is why I need to be able to track that data usage seperately

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk