3MP photo with the EVO 4G

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
This is a picture taken with the EVO, camara is set at 3MP. I have taken other pictures set at 8MP and they dont look as nice as this one. Isn't the picture quality of the 8MP suppose to be better than a 3MP?
View attachment 1851

Last edited:

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

This is a picture taken with the EVO, camara is set at 3MP. I have taken other pictures set at 8MP and dont like as nice as this one. Isn't the picture quality of the 8MP suppose to be better than a 3MP?

The picture didnt work, and no, that isnt necessarily the case. With 8 MP there is a lot more room for error.

the more MP you have doesnt mean the better.

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
@Holsum thank you, this is my first post so I had no idea how to insert the image lol.

So I will just leave it set at 3MP then, since it looks better on the photo gallery anyways, the 8MP pictures look blurry on the photo gallery

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Lighting is key. Did you take this at a store with tons of overhead lighting? That may have been the reason you are getting a "better" picture on the 3MP setting.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that by pinch zooming in and then back out on a 8mp picture it clears up the pic. Some glitch maybe. Go ahead and pull up a pic with a 8mp res. Pinch zoom in and then back out. Watch it clear up.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
@BigRick10, Yeah that's what i do, I just zoom a little bit and have the picture clear. My first evo was 002 build and when i used Astro to view photos for some reason Astro use to somehow show a clear photo I didnt have to zoom in. Now I have a 003 built but no Astro doent show clear photos I have to zoom in to clear it.

xxankitxx

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
@BigRick10, Yeah that's what i do, I just zoom a little bit and have the picture clear. My first evo was 002 build and when i used Astro to view photos for some reason Astro use to somehow show a clear photo I didnt have to zoom in. Now I have a 003 built but no Astro doent show clear photos I have to zoom in to clear it.

why is that - I just noticed that for the first time this past weekend...it stinks as I know it's a decent picture - but to view it as such - have to zoom in and then out - and worst thing is have to do it for all pics - otherwise they really look fuzzy....any fix/alternate?

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It's still using the same sensor, so there won't be a difference under exact conditions for each photo.
So you are saying that under exact conditions an 8mp and a 3mp would be the same?. If so, under what conditions would an 8mp be better than the 3mp? I'm new to all this

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
in the pixel density. Which really just means you have an ability to b low up your picture (or zoom in more) with keeping clarity.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
in the pixel density. Which really just means you have an ability to b low up your picture (or zoom in more) with keeping clarity.

EXACTLY ... THAT ... On a 4x6 photo I can take the pic using 3mp ... 4mp .. 6mp .. 8mp and up and they will look the same given the EXACT same picture taking environment on conditions ... its when you try to blow them up to 8X10 ... 11X7 ... 23X36 or higher that the MP's come into play ... Basically the higher the MPs the more you can blow the image up WITHOUT any pixel distortion.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Which is why i agree with Apple about the whole megapixels game. Bigger and better sensors are key these days. 5 megapixels is probably the most most people need if they don't plan on making poster prints.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Megapixels has no direct relationship to quality. Period.

MP simply relates to how large you can make an image before it starts to lose quality sharpness when you view it.

There is some relationship between MP and resolution, but not as direct as you might think. In some cases higher MP can actually result in less resolution (or sharpness, if you will) because of something called diffraction.

Unfortunately, because many consumers equate more pixels with better quality, manufacturers are in a megapixel race, often to the detriment of the consumer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf