4.1.83 Out?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Screen grab below from ATT's website:

Update the Firmware for the Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860)

Instructions:
AT&T and Motorola have released two software updates for the Motorola Atrix 4G. These software packages include bug fixes and stability increases, as well as the following improvements:
•Update 1: Firmware version update to 4.1.57, and includes the following improvements:
•Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices, and expanded headset compatibility.
•Improved fingerprint reader performance.
•Improved battery life.
•Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger.
•Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm jack

•Update 2: Firmware version update to 4.1.83 (Android 2.2.2), and includes the following improvements: •2G/EDGE mobile hotspot capability
•Increased potential data speeds
•Yahoo! E-mail enabled over Wi-Fi
These software updates need to be installed in order, and are available to users via Wi-Fi only for the first 100 days. AT&T recommends that all Motorola Atrix 4G users update their device to take advantage of these improvements.

Update procedure
1.Connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot:
•AT&T Hotspot
•Personal or Private Wi-Fi Network

2.An "Update available" message will be displayed on your device.
NOTE: If a notification hasn't been received, users can manually check for updates by accessing Settings, and then tapping About phone>System updates.

3.Tap Download.
NOTE: If not connected via Wi-Fi, users will not be able to start the download.

I am trying to update but I keep getting your system is up to date.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yes same here, i guees they are in a process of preparing the update so it should be available shortly.....

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes keep your eyes peeled today. The update makes a better difference. HSUPA is enough of a difference. Im suprised how well pages load up fast with that enabled. But still, Tegra 2s processor in this phone heats up quick.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Terrigno if you'd compare hsdpa with wifi like how fast androidcentral.com full page will open? it usualy takes 15 -25 seconds for me to open on 3g which is really slow.,

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that the update wont be coming today.....who knows when its gonna release....soon but that can be in a few days soon or today soon.

cavfreak1

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
screw this man the update did nothing for data speeds at all!!!!!! i mean im not in a 4g city yet but the iphone 4 speed test was three times faster its bull****

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
bahicks87 i think you are just trolling us here why don't you take it elsewhere?
Ohhh i see now thats an iphone fanboy here came to troll us what an idiot...

cavfreak1

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
you have to be connected to wifi for the upadate. i checked it first without being on wifi and it wouldnt find it. once i connected to wifi and if found the upadate and not seeing a difference in speed very dissapointed and pissed off

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
oh this guy is working for att its in his profile... maybe att employees prioritised with updates first..

its no where available yet.... fro those who are interested take a look here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/04/29/motorola-atrix-4g-update-can-be-manually-installed/
also, I dld motorola updater and it still says my device is up to date.

wel the guy says there: "They roll out the update in blocks of IMEIs. So you won't be able to get the update until your IMEI is in the update queue."

i gueess thats what happening

Last edited:

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Update is out, download, and installed!!! Fully funxtional HSPA+ speeds are amazing!!!!

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Tried OTA didn't work. Tried using the software updater, said no update currently available.

I wants me some HSUPA! =(