4.3 Update Factory Reset - WiFi Notifications On (But Show Off)

djshack

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 4.3 when it was released, but chose to do a factory reset today for a few reasons.

Now, under WiFi, the Notify Me and other notification setting seem to stay off (even if I turn them on). However, I constantly get the "There are networks available" notification (which I had turned off before). Has anyone found a way to fix this and/or get the settings to stick?

Thanks!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a minor bug as it will always showed unchecked every time you check back. I expect a MR update to fix this and other bugs.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. Mine was happening after I did the 4.3 update before I did a factory reset. I was hoping the reset would resolve it but it didn't. I'm curious as well if anyone has an answer to this issue.

djshack

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Well as long as I'm not the only one... I just wish that bug was that notifications would never work, instead of the other way around.

heckufaguy

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
There's a new setting under location, at the bottom it says Wifi scanning always available. If it's checked Location services and some apps can still scan for and alert on Wifi. Even if wifi is off.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
There's a new setting under location, at the bottom it says Wifi scanning always available. If it's checked Location services and some apps can still scan for and alert on Wifi. Even if wifi is off.

I check usage and it shows WiFi and data full solid bars on both. I just unchecked that box, maybe that was it. I shall see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii