4a pixel display does not wake up with a double tap or lifting the phone.

germandowski

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
The problem is the following. Several times during the week it happens to me that the phone screen does not unlock by double tapping it or lifting the phone. (obviously with these two functions activated in the settings)

I have already tried to format the phone, to leave it with no app installed, no film applied and no active power saving ... nothing to do, it does the same and the only way to wake the screen is to press the power button. I am convinced that it is a software bug and I was wondering if maybe you had some advice for me.

I would also ask you if you explain to me how to report the problem to google hoping it will be solved with an update ... (if you read this thread and you have the same problem you too report it to google that the more we are the more likely it will be solved)

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen after the phone has been idle for a long time, or does it also happen even if you last used the phone only a few minutes before?

The best way to report an issue is to go to your system settings, then Tips & Support, then Send Feedback.

BTW, I moved this from the General Help forum to the Pixel 4a forum for more specific traffic.

germandowski

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
Does this happen after the phone has been idle for a long time, or does it also happen even if you last used the phone only a few minutes before?

The best way to report an issue is to go to your system settings, then Tips & Support, then Send Feedback.

BTW, I moved this from the General Help forum to the Pixel 4a forum for more specific traffic.

it even happens a few seconds before he has used it but there is no rule: it can happen even after minutes of inactivity. The strange thing is that it never happened when I wake up in the morning and pick it up after hours of inactivity at night.

(thanks for moving it!)

Prova a reinstallare di nuovo il firmware
would you be kind enough to link me a guide? (hoping it's not too difficult, I'm not very familiar with these things)
But in doing so, will I invalidate the warranty?

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it even happens a few seconds before he has used it but there is no rule: it can happen even after minutes of inactivity. The strange thing is that it never happened when I wake up in the morning and pick it up after hours of inactivity at night.

(thanks for moving it!)

would you be kind enough to link me a guide? (hoping it's not too difficult, I'm not very familiar with these things)
But in doing so, will I invalidate the warranty?

Thanks!
No it won't do anything to warranty its factory firmware, you can follow the guidelines here for your device.
https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz