4g is no joke!

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
While in the metro DC area for easter I got to use 4g for a few days. Man is it faster than my droid x. But I went from my battery lasting all day and still having 60% left to charging twice a dat on 4g. I was using the ebay app and it loaded on about a second every time I clicked another selection and I takes a while longer on 3g at my house. Cant wait till 4g come to my area but not looking forward to the battery life. For what its worth VZW says the whole network will bo on 4g by forth quarter 2013.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the smart actions app and set it to shut stuff down when the screen times out. Over the weekend I got 28 hours before the battery went down to 10%.
4G is super fast but you are correct, it will drain the battery fast. Most of the time I also keep it on 3G unless i need something quickly.

iankeiththomas

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I completely admit that I was wrong about 4G. Before I got my Droid 4, I thought it was just a battery-hogging novelty. Having gotten used to excellent 4G service in the couple months I've had the phone, I know that I can never buy a 3G-only device again.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah when 4g first came out, I thought it was just a gimmick. But after getting the Droid 4... PHEW! Its way faster than using wifi!

dcs0582

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Had my 4G LTE MiFi for a few months before switching my smart phone service over to Verizon with the D4. It's not unusual for me to get 4G LTE download speeds in the mid 20's. I almost always at least hit the teens. Only one time in the DFW metro (Las Colinas) did I get total crap with 4G LTE -- something around a meg or two IIRC. But I suspect either the build-out wasn't complete or the tower servicing my device was absurdly oversubscribed.

I've also been surprised by 4G LTE coverage in the middle of friggin' nowhere like Rockford, IL which is a good hour or so outside of Chicago.

And let's not confuse Verizon's true 4G LTE with the turbocharged 3G being relabeled as "4G" from Sprint and AT&T. I've had years of experience with both carriers, and I can assure you that compared to Verizon, both of them totally blow in the data rate department.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Had my 4G LTE MiFi for a few months before switching my smart phone service over to Verizon with the D4. It's not unusual for me to get 4G LTE download speeds in the mid 20's. I almost always at least hit the teens. Only one time in the DFW metro (Las Colinas) did I get total crap with 4G LTE -- something around a meg or two IIRC. But I suspect either the build-out wasn't complete or the tower servicing my device was absurdly oversubscribed.

I've also been surprised by 4G LTE coverage in the middle of friggin' nowhere like Rockford, IL which is a good hour or so outside of Chicago.

And let's not confuse Verizon's true 4G LTE with the turbocharged 3G being relabeled as "4G" from Sprint and AT&T. I've had years of experience with both carriers, and I can assure you that compared to Verizon, both of them totally blow in the data rate department.

As far as I'm concerned HSPA+ isn't a fourth generation wireless network.

But as soon as AT&T gets LTE up in your area, expect it to be slightly faster before everyone jumps on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums