A Odd problem with my D4 physical keyboard...

Killernick99

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So i have had this phone for i think a year now...i love it great phone besides being slow from time to time...Also a massive tank...ive dropped it so many times but no screen crack or major chips in the frame...ANYWAYS...randomly one day i slide out my keyboard to send a text message when all the sudden it did a keypress on the messages...so i closed it reopened and repeat...same thing... So i rebooted my phone and it fixed the problem...*not really* after awhile it happen again, so i went and turned on the dev tools so allow me to see keypresses and it showed every time i slide it out it does 3 keypress in a spot.

Overall my problem is the keypress only show up when the keyboard is slide out but not in, allowing me to use the phone but with the keyboard. But the keyboard itself still works. The only thing i havint tried yet is factory reset...figured i get some advice before i went that far...any ideas??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This sounds more hardware related than software... I'm guessing its showing possible signs of wear causing this issue or problem related to the drops and bumps its taken...

You could try a factory reset but I'm really thinking this isn't so much software related.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This sounds more hardware related than software... I'm guessing its showing possible signs of wear causing this issue or problem related to the drops and bumps its taken...

You could try a factory reset but I'm really thinking this isn't so much software related.

Definitely hardware related. I had something similar happen with my Droid 2 and for me it was the keyboard membrane coming loose.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4