Able to write to SD card yet??

randomized

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I currently use FolderSync to sync music and pictures from my NAS onto the phone. This helps me distribute changes to several devices within my home. However, my phone is now becoming full because of new additions to the pictures and music folder.

I've tried changing FolderSync to pull down pictures and music and store them onto the SD card, but I get permission denied errors.

I've run across several threads about this and they all refer to needing root access. Is this still the case today, even on Lollipop? I only got my SD card for this purpose.

Last edited:

drhex

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop contains a new feature that will let apps ask for permission to write to a directory on the SD card, which will then have to be allowed by the end user (once per app, not once per file operation).
We just have to be patient and wait for our favorite apps to be updated with code that will make use of this feature.

randomized

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Lollipop contains a new feature that will let apps ask for permission to write to a directory on the SD card, which will then have to be allowed by the end user (once per app, not once per file operation).
We just have to be patient and wait for our favorite apps to be updated with code that will make use of this feature.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for your feedback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute