About to sell my Optimus V Have some questions

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I want to sell my phone but I am afraid that if I do and they hit the activate button it will reactivate this phone and make my EVO V 4G usless.

So how do I go about having them activate this phone and getting a new number? do they have to do that online or can they do it by the app?

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you swapped phones, the ov's msid would have been removed from you account. If they hit activate app it will see that phone isn't tied to an account.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
If you swapped phones, the ov's msid would have been removed from you account. If they hit activate app it will see that phone isn't tied to an account.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Ah ok. Well Radioshack swapped and activated the EVO V 4G for me. But ok thanks

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It you are completely stock (recovery & rom) and have your spc code you can type ##rtn# in dialer and do a rtn reset and this will remove your phone number and everything from phone

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It you are completely stock (recovery & rom) and have your spc code you can type ##rtn# in dialer and do a rtn reset and this will remove your phone number and everything from phone

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

How would I find the service code?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
the easiest way to sell your phone without worry is to go back to factory stock using zv9 update. call virgin mobile and tell them you want to pass on your device to another person. theyll take care of the rest by setting the v up with a new account for that person using their pass it on program. now this is only useful if you are selling to a personal friend or acquaintance. online sell is another can of worms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Revenant Ghost

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
the easiest way to sell your phone without worry is to go back to factory stock using zv9 update. call virgin mobile and tell them you want to pass on your device to another person. theyll take care of the rest by setting the v up with a new account for that person using their pass it on program. now this is only useful if you are selling to a personal friend or acquaintance. online sell is another can of worms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Yeah I will be selling this on craigslist. So the ##rtn# seems like the best thing to do but IDK how to get the service code.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Look the how to change prl threadvamd it'll give you a rundown on getting prl with cdma.

Sent from my Optimus Elite via Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao