activate.apk?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
AOSP is 2.3, which is why it FC's.
You need to go back to a 2.2 rom to use it.

Nandroid your 2.3, install a 2.2 rom that includes the app (Harmonia and Bumblebee do), use teh app, then restore your nandroid backup.

Exactly what I was gonna say - LeslieAnn on point as usual - make sure you flash a froyo rom and you should activate with no issue - the ##virgin# method above is also good info as I have had one of my stock OV's refuse to activate.

Then just restore your current setup via recovery

When in doubt call customer service (stockpile patience first) - then say customer service over and over again (3x I think) until the automated system gives up - ask the level 1 CSR to give you to a tech that can help with a manual acitvation - and they will talk you thru the above steps while magically changing some stuff on their end.

But all of the above info is moot until you are on a 2.2 froyo rom

5hi7h34d

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Cant access download page...

Yea I just tried also in case I would ever need the file:

Hi 5hi7h34d, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

All of the reasons given below that don't apply to me so I can only assume it's because the file was posted in March 2011 and has been purged for some reason or another?

Translation: I guess we were gravedigging :)

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Anybody looking for the activate.apk needs to look at flashing the Rhodes utility Rom, or harmonia 1.9.
Remember, only froyo can run activate, not any other build.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums