add a home screen

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe I'm asking such a simple basic question. But how do I add another home screen? lollipop came with two and I can't find how to add another.

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe I'm asking such a simple basic question. But how do I add another home screen? lollipop came with two and I can't find how to add another.

Drag and drop a widget. If you keep sliding it to the right they will pop up.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, you have made my day! Coming from touchwiz, it was an option.

I spent two days trying to figure this out when I got my N6 last week and then I figured it out! Coming from a Samsung phone it is amazing how heavily modded the Touchwiz interface is!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
yeah it's a little daft that they don't allow you to simply press a + button to add a home screen - drag and drop an app short cut or widget is the only option in stock

Byff

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I've tried this and the "pinch" method described below. Both work, but there seems to be an upper limit to the number of screens you can add. I've currently got five, but would like more (one for each of the various categories: news / weather, communications, health apps, media / music / podcast apps, games, productivity, basic phone functions, and misc). Do I need to actually fill up one or more of the existing screens before it will allow me to create more? (I got the new screens only after seeing the alert "no room" and being offered the option of a blank screen.)

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just made 10 screens. If there is an upper limit it ain't 5. On the nexus 6, u have to drag an icon or a widget to the right corner and a new home screen page will get created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord