Add more apps to ultra power mode

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I use 5 apps in total and I'd happily have my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite tablet always on ultra power saving. Unfortunately it allows to choose only 4 apps.

One of them is Opera but "Internet" launches the Samsung browser even though Opera is default.

Is it possible to have my 5 apps available on ultra power saving mode?

Cheers, Jacek.

jagajaga

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Android 11, One UI 3.1.

There are 9 apps available in the ultra power saving mode: 5 default (phone, sms, samsung internet, calendar & clock) and 4 custom which can be whatever app is installed. If I could replace samsung internet with opera (where I have my account, settings, cookies, logins etc.) or add Opera as a 5th app, I could basically have ultra power saving mode always on.

I've noticed that the tablet has a very poor battery performance outside power saving mode (lasts for a day or two) while in ultra it seems to work for weeks in my usage (mainly displaying sheet music). That's why I'm so interested in fixing this issue. (however not having a web browser easily available likely increases my concentration... but sometimes I need to go to Youtube or sth (Opera works better than the actual YT app))

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Android 11, One UI 3.1.

There are 9 apps available in the ultra power saving mode: 5 default (phone, sms, samsung internet, calendar & clock) and 4 custom which can be whatever app is installed. If I could replace samsung internet with opera (where I have my account, settings, cookies, logins etc.) or add Opera as a 5th app, I could basically have ultra power saving mode always on.

I've noticed that the tablet has a very poor battery performance outside power saving mode (lasts for a day or two) while in ultra it seems to work for weeks in my usage (mainly displaying sheet music). That's why I'm so interested in fixing this issue. (however not having a web browser easily available likely increases my concentration... but sometimes I need to go to Youtube or sth (Opera works better than the actual YT app))

Hi, welcome to AC!

Your on Andriod 11 , i dont even see that option available anymore extreme battery , probably last i seen was Andriod 8 or 9

jagajaga

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
The mode still can be turned on... it's just hidden in settings and it isn't called "Ultra Power Saving Mode" anymore.

It was merged with a standard power saving mode and in settings you change "normal" power saving to "ultra" by checking "Limit apps and Home screen". From that point it works identically.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The mode still can be turned on... it's just hidden in settings and it isn't called "Ultra Power Saving Mode" anymore.

It was merged with a standard power saving mode and in settings you change "normal" power saving to "ultra" by checking "Limit apps and Home screen". From that point it works identically.
Can you screenshot where you see this in settings?

jagajaga

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Sure. Settings and with power mode on
Screenshot_20211013-190309_Device care.jpg

(I've removed one app so you can see the "plus" sign)

Screenshot_20211013-190241_Launcher.jpg

I've seen some old solutions but none for A11 and they require rooting phone, installing some shady apks etc.

Last edited: