additional USB cords

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching for an additional charging cord also. But then I've been searching for a dock/keyboard too... I never lose cables, but sure as shiit, I'll lose a proprietary cable.

sagat

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Unboxing mine yesterday and one of the first things I noticed was the damn proprietary cable, didn't leave a good first impression.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Unboxing mine yesterday and one of the first things I noticed was the damn proprietary cable, didn't leave a good first impression.

Had you not read any reviews, forum posts or watched any review videos before purchase. They all state it has a proprietary connector. Why were you surprised? :eek:

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
This is where I get all my cables. Great prices, excellent products. Never a problem, quick shipping ...and No... I do not work for them. Love their service and products

For only $0.83 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Extension 28/24AWG Cable (Gold Plated) | USB Extension Cables - A Male to A Female

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we need to be using 3.0 extension cables for our transformers. Monoprice is where I get all of my cables as well, and and that is where I got my two 3.0 cables and they worked great.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fjfisher601#AC

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it USB 3 for data speed but it definitely is for charging as USB 2 can only charge at 5v and USB 3 at 15v - the TF needs takes 15v from its stock charger and so te cables need to be USB 3.

I have evn read at xda that folks have had problems with their charges if they tried USB 2 extensions - their chargers no longer work even after removing the extensions. This may not hapeen to all but it certainly has happened to a bunch. This in addition to the whole don't leave it plugged in overnight issue really pisses me off - thanks for the heads up ln both of the issues ASUS

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Through Amazon I got 3 AC Adaptors / with USB Cables- all shipped thought their Calif Affiliate at ExCaliberPC.com- they were $27.00 Each- waited 3 weeks- but they are in- so know I can have one at home.one at the office, and one extra for travel etc/ spare etc. They have a Female to male USB 3.0 ext cord too ($4.99) that will add 3 feet and handles the 15 volts unlike USB 2 - ! Works fine too.

For under $20 as well, I got a true Leather Folding case that flips into a kickstand like setup too- search at amazon under ASUS Transformer accessories.