advice on trading in my z fold 3

islandguy808

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Z fold 3 which seems to have developed a (I don't want to say crack) but a crease line on the inside screen crease. See the pictures. It looks like a scratch but it isn't. I'm right at the halfway point of paying off this phone. I wanted to hold off upgrading and wait for the Z fold 5 but worried this crease line will develop into something that will void any kind of trade in.

Should I pay off the phone and trade it in for a Z fold 4 before it gets worse or should I wait until the 5 comes out and risk the crease getting worse? [/ATTACH]IMG_20230223_034250.jpgIMG_20230223_034247.jpg

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. It's just the screen protector for me. Went to Samsung Experience store and replaced it. We can also replace it as there are lot of options on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

islandguy808

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. It's just the screen protector for me. Went to Samsung Experience store and replaced it. We can also replace it as there are lot of options on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

I removed the screen protector a while ago. So this is the happening to the actual screen.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung will reject the trade if the screen is damaged. Check with carrier, sometimes they do trade INS on damaged also.

Are you positive it's the screen? I was sure it was the screen when I had issues, took it in and it was just the screen protector

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rsmin

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happening to mine. I guess will have to wait for it to get worse and use my insurance. Doesn't bother me at this point other than the fact it could possibly have screen failure.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Was thinking of using my squaretrade insurance "IF" they will even cover it before it fully breaks. But then I am seeing people in the Samsung forum have cracks again after replacing the inner screen? Not sure what to do? May go back to slab style like the s23 ultra. I have had my z fold 3 for 1 & 1/2 years. Started cracking about 3 months ago. Phone is still totally usable but from time to time I can see all those micro cracks running up and down the crease. I had purchased every Samsung Note phone except for the original one and Note 5. Loved them all. Wish I would had stuck with getting the Note 20 ultra and not bought this even though I do love the big inner screen.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Can you please share a photo? Does Samsung allow it to trade-in?
Sorry, decided to go on and get it repaired. You can trade it in but with all the Samsung trade in fiascos going on I just decided to get it fixed. I saw one guy on YouTube who had them and he was going to trade it in saying phone was in good condition. They are so small he thought they might not notice it. Squaretrade did agree I needed to fix it. The micro cracks are considered a "cracked screen". Had probably 15 or so micro cracks running up the fold line when I took it in. They were getting worse. The repair turned out great. I think they may have accidently messed up the outer screen because it looks new and has a factory screen protector on it a as well. Super satisfied with the repair. Looks like factory.