Advice on Watch 4

Xx-Luchia-xX

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I'm currently trying to device if I should get a Galaxy Watch 4, it would either be the 44mm 4 or the 46mm classic but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on YouTube so thought it would be best to ask you fine people.
Was hoping to find out what the battery life is like for each model and any pros and cons?

Wouldn't really be using it for fitness but health tracking would be great and of course to get notifications from my S20+

So if anyone can offer any advice I'd be very grateful

Thank you

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 46mm GW4 Classic. I like it quite a lot but battery life is kind of lousy but I'm used to it coming from the GW3. If you use AOD, you're not going to get much more than a day. Maybe a day and a half if you don't do any GPS tracking or listen to music. I don't listen to music from the watch but I run a lot and generally by the end of the day, I only have about 5 to 30% left so I just charge it every night. The only time I've had it where I was afraid it wouldn't make it though an entire day was when I did a ton of GPS tracking. Long run and a few walks. There is a price to pay for having such a gorgeous screen. You look at the screens on those Garmin watches that last a week and they look terrible compared to this watch with such a high resolution.

So if sleep tracking is a big must for you, I might look for another watch unless you are able to charge it during the day somehow without missing steps. As far as GPS tracking on my runs, I find it extremely accurate and consistent but I do make sure to restart the watch once a week. Overall it's a great watch. You just have to accept the fact that it needs daily charging unless you have AOD off and don't track runs or walks.

If you have a Samsung phone, notifications are awesome. It works great with Google messages and maps. You can even install gboard for typing and it actually works really great.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
This is only my second electronic watch. My first one was an older Fossil that I got for a low price. That watch was alright for what it was and how much I paid but I wanted to upgrade. I was going to get the GW3 but got a good deal for the GW4 Classic 46mm. I am probably not the typical electronic watch user. I do not care about the health things and other than checking messages and calls I use the watch as a watch. The health things are still running on the watch but as I said I don't track that stuff.

The watch battery life for me goes about 2 days before needing a charge. I am still playing around with it, the settings, watch faces and all. It is a nice looking screen and some watch faces can make the watch look like a mechanical watch. I have made some calls and texts with it and it was quite fun. Even at my age I get giddy with tech goodies when I can afford them.

From what I understand is all the watches are the same except for bezel or no bezel. I prefer the bezel it just looks and feels better on my wrist, I like the weight of it as well. The one without it just looks cheap to me. I also like that the bezel can be used to change apps. I also do not trust youtube reviews, they all are paid to "review" products and or get the products for free. I try to watch videos that show the features and how to use products, less opinioned. I read some reviews on the Samsung site, here and watched a few how to use type videos on youtube. With that and the deal I got is what I used to decide on the GW4.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the 44mm 4. Battery life is about 2 days with continuous HR, sleep with blood O2 on and moderate use. AOD is turned off. The watch needs a few days to calibrate to your use, the 1st few days it will not last long.

ZohanRash

Nov 23, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I'm currently trying to device if I should get a Galaxy Watch 4, it would either be the 44mm 4 or the 46mm classic but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on YouTube so thought it would be best to ask you fine people.
Was hoping to find out what the battery life is like for each model and any pros and cons?

Wouldn't really be using it for fitness but health tracking would be great and of course to get notifications from my S20+

So if anyone can offer any advice I'd be very grateful

Thank you

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic lasts about 26 - 27 hours and GPS tracking is accurate but for the fitness part, the auto-resume workout feature takes longer than it should be.