After 1 week, I might go back to iPhone. Here's why...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
/highfive... you win the internetz today!!! this quote tells exactly how i feel... ive had iphones for years, ( iphone 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s and iphone 5). it took me awhile but i realized that the iphone is the same damn phone, just a new name! i now have an S4 and love it... To the OP... if you want to switch back to the iphone, then do it. its your phone, you should be happy with its functionality. i will always prefer the IOS UI, but i use the S4 as my phone because it fits my media lifestyle so much better than Apple!!!

You are sooo right! My girlfriend and I got new phones at the same time. She purchased the iphone 5 and I the S4. To this day, she's got screen resolution envy! Keeps raving about how things are much clearer on the S4 than on her IP5.

J

airsupremacist

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i totally understand how you felt..although this is my share and why i actually ended up switching back to 4S:

1. samsung skype can't call contacts' numbers directly
2. no lock screen camera/apps; to have lock screen apps = no security. (yes I knew there are apps out there that addresses the issues, but after spending 3 hours, $5 to buy customized builds that disappointed me, and checking out at least 3 apps, none of them offers the balance of looks, simplicity, security, entire choices of apps, speed) you can still recommend me apps if you want.
3. my sms function crashed several times. it's extremely frustrating because i'll have to wait for it to lag-load itself..and technically the point of sms is speedy and instantaneous exchange and response.
4. can't make in-car call through bluetooth pairing (if you've got a solution, let's hear)...check #12 for my worst rant
5. can't use in-car usb device properly
6. even though replaceable, the battery dies quick. carrying a spare battery is such an hassle
7. can't read song titles properly (downloaded an app for this..but seriously, do i have to do research everytime for everything that i wanted to do?)
8. slower response due to android software (there's a website which compared response times, and ios did have the fastest time of all, followed by the s4..but still significantly different...i think around 70-80 ms)
9. lot less versatile keyboard and writing pad. word choices offered<autocorrect(even though this thing screwed me over couple times)..(best comparison is that perhaps i did get used to the ios typing interface..but i can literally type like its my second nature without looking down..and it'd come out exactly what i want)
10. music randomly played often go back to the same pattern
11. music sync issues (i can have 100 items on my playlist, but only 17 gets transferred. i'd have to do the rest by hand)
12. the WORST thing of all was the pairing of the system with the in-car audio not working properly when im using my GPS. it's happened at least twice where while the audio for music works fine, when i use my GPS with my in-car audio player, this is what happens:
"at 200m, ---------"
in other words, the most important part of the message, which is the instructions to go where or make which direction, GETS cut off with NO instructions. it just simply left me hanging "at 200m, then what??", and we all know when you're driving and especially on a highway where you needed to know where to go, this is disastrous.
i'm sorry samsung, but i'm not ready to let myself get killed in traffic by this software bug. i tried google map and waiz(the handy gps software), and both had the same issues.

i personally played with computers often, changing registries, cracking, researching and looking things up on my own. i had no problem with needing to find solutions...but then as you can see, a lot of my issues are things that probably can't be exactly addressed..
i use my phone in a very speedy and efficient manner, and if i feel i have to look down to type and it takes more maneuvering and attention than usual to get what i wanted, then it's hassle.

Last edited:

vampyren

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it has all been said but for me i mostly hate the fact that i cant make a proper backup with Android. I hate Galaxy S4 and without rooting (which i dont want to do for several reasons) its still not possible to do proper backup in Android which is something that has puzzled me. Seriously Google need to have this in place!
I spent hours and hours to get all my 100+ aps, widgets, backgrounds and everything as i waned and when i switch from S3 to S4 i had to do it all over again, and when i made a refresh again i had to do it, with iphone its a matter of restoreing old backup. Google only download you application (not sure even if all are there or just payed ones) but not the userdata itself.
Same goes with all the tinkering of things, i also enjoy the simple side of things. I love Android for the possibility to customize like having Swypekey (my best of the best app that i dearly miss in iOS) i still like the simplicity of iOS and how much more efficient i can go from one thing to another and how much smoother iOS is (ok iOS7 isnt that good yet but it will get there).
Today i have both S4 and iphone5S and my go to phone is the iPhone5S as my default. Its just easier with everything like iMessage, taking pictures end up better most of the times, icloud works seamlessly, i know i have proper backup in case i need to restore, i get updated when they are out and not months later (i still wait for 4.3 which most other already have on their S4), my apps dont make the phone unstable (like spotify, i have to even restart the phone to get it working). There are many benefit with Android of course but most of the times the most basic things are what makes people decide what phone they stick to and that is one reason iphones/iOS is still not to shabby even when limited in some areas.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe