After being on wifi for 2-3 hours, SIM card status shows disconnected.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought S7 Edge 10 days back. I'm using it with 2 SIM cards (no memory card). Now the thing is, when I'm at home I use my phone on wifi (say for example for 2-3 hours) and then when I go out, the data connection doesn't work on it's own(in settings->about device-> status-> sim card status-> mobile network state shows DISCONNECTED).

Every time when this happens, I have to disable my data connection and re enable it(through notification panel) and then it works fine.

Is this the fault from my carrier, Android or S7 Edge??? How can I solve this problem because many a times I have forgotten to disable and re enable my data connection and as a result of that I don't receive messages on time and also miss out on important updates.

For more reference I've attached a screen shot of the sim status menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160908-111305.jpg
    Screenshot_20160908-111305.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 16

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Mobile network getting disconnected on connecting to WiFi is normal. The phone isn't connected to it because it's getting its internet from the WiFi. However it should reenable automatically after getting disconnected from WiFi if you have data on in the settings. At this point I'd suggest a system cache wipe first before anything else.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Dear Chanchan Thnx but I solved this problem on my own just by swapping SIM card to SIM slot one. Actually this is how it works in S7E, that data resumes only on SIM one but for SIM2 it needs to be reactivated. I'm happy and loving my S7E even more after this. Now the data resumes perfectly from SIM one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej