airplane mode after upgrade

philliesphan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone still have issues with their moment going ito airpllane mode after they upgraded their phone? I had mine updated and was in airplane mode 4 hours later. Sprint will only give me another moment , any suggestions?

unclefishbits

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone still have issues with their moment going ito airpllane mode after they upgraded their phone? I had mine updated and was in airplane mode 4 hours later. Sprint will only give me another moment , any suggestions?

yes... I have heard of other people still having this issue. I have heard replacing it resolve the issue, and it is most likely due to poor Samsung quality control.

unclefishbits

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This is good to know. I am going to push on Sprint to hook me up with the replacement... maybe the 11th July with the Moment 2 coming out? Ugh... I just want the freezing and issues to end.

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

It still happens to me, just not has offen. I found a program on Market called Data Link Nofitier that tells me when I lose data and I turn airplane mode on and off and that usually fixes it.

All Sprint has told me is that we can send you a new phone, but they won't tell me if that will fix the problem. Sounds like with the EVO, Galaxy and Moment 2 it's not going to happen. I do call and let them know and ask if it will be fixed but get a different answer all the time.

philliesphan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I am on my 4th moment and everyone does it. This one not as often but still does it. Sprint will give me any other phone but the evo or palm pre. I can't tell you the # of times I have been to the store or called and I never get a satisfying answer. Very frustrating. Maybe I will see if they will give me the moment 2?

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I am on my 4th moment and everyone does it. This one not as often but still does it. Sprint will give me any other phone but the evo or palm pre. I can't tell you the # of times I have been to the store or called and I never get a satisfying answer. Very frustrating. Maybe I will see if they will give me the moment 2?

That is why a new Moment would be useless. It's a known issue that I can work around but I will never get a Samsung phone again. But it does work well for me. I've never been offered a new phone, but I must have a flash so only the EVO will work.

philliesphan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Are just going to deal with airplane mode? I don't know if I can do that. Sprint offered me a hero but I have not done the research yet. If anyone can give me advice I would appreciate it.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hi,
keep replacing your moment i have the hero and i don't like it compared to the moment. io had my moment rep[lace 5 times before the just gave me the hero for free after i was going to cancel...they didn't even want the samsung "garbage" moment back lol . i have read that phone built in 2010 do not have the problem. the issue is in the qualcom chip that was used when the moment was first built in early 2009 .. if you recall the phone came out in November 2009 and they had thousands of phones so they started building the device in early 2009 around February or so. but they clanged the chips for the later devices once the issue was noticed. samsung just keeps denying the problem and blames sprint for the problems as "network issues" ...

just have sprint keep sending you another moment ..sooner or later you will either get a working moment built after 2009 ..you can see the build when you remove the battery and 2 they may just replace it with an EVO who knows lol either way i say waste their money with returns until they learn their lesson ..fix the problem the first time.

philliesphan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Good to know but all the phones the store gets are never loaded with the 2.1 upgrade or does that not matter? I have asked about the EVO buth they say they cannot give me that and I told them I was not paying my bill until I get it fixed but I am afraid they will turn my phone off first. It is a pain in the &*% to keep bookmarking webpages each time I get a new phone.

philliesphan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, just activated my 5th Moment tonight!!! If this one does it I found a website that has all the email addresses of the CEO etc and I will start emailing them everyday to let them know of this problem. We'll see how long they let that happen. I told the rep that I did not think I should pay my bill and she credited my account for $50. Better then nothing but I told her I was not paying the balance until they fixed my problem. So if you are having this issue at least maybe you can get credit on your account!!!

SVOGT

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I reboot my Moment at leasr 2x per day but even with that it will sometimes go into airplane mode right after a reboot forcing yet another battery pulling reset. PITA. The phone basically sucks & I've had 5 since November, yes 5!!!!
All Sprint did was reset my purchase date so I can buy another phone on a rebate........
Big F'n Deal!!!!!!!!!
When I notice my signal meter is at a solid full 6 bars, I know it's in airplane mode.

waitin66

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Are just going to deal with airplane mode? I don't know if I can do that. Sprint offered me a hero but I have not done the research yet. If anyone can give me advice I would appreciate it.

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't think we have any choice, Sprint has us stuck. I am just sticking with it because it works most of the time for me.
My last call to Sprint they stated that they have reported ththe issue to Samsung. Unfortunately, I have NEVER found a rep at Samsung who speaks English enough to understand this issue. All they want to do is replace it.
Since my upgrade is in March 2011, I am saving my upgrade for a phone that can run Android 3.0.

philliesphan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
i received my 5th moment and in the 3 weeks i have had it i have gone into airplane mode 2x's. better but not satisfied. Is it better to deal with this mess then having to redo all my book marks, etc. every time i get a new phone? At this point yes. I will say Sprint has offered me a Hero but i was not impressed with it when i bought my moment so why do I want that now? Also, i have called sprint and told them over and over that I am not happy and asked if they could do something about my bill and they helped. one month I got free and another they took $50 off. at this point i may just deal with this mess and wait until my upgrade kicks in and then get a 4g phone. i am frustrated but Sprint knows that we can't go anywhere without having to pay for a new phone and i for one do not want to put out another $200 for a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal