Album Art Not showing

pospower

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok I dragged all of my music over and 1/3 was missing art. then I read how you can use Windows media to Sync I got excited and tried that method. I even updated all of the art so it showed in Windows media. but when I synced the music it was still missing. any suggestions?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Album art needs to be embedded in the ID3 tags of the file for it to show (I think - if it's the same as the Hero). Windows Media stores art as separate hidden JPG files so that won't do it.

As you hopefully have the album art now downloaded by WM you could use something like Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...) to embed the folder.jpg images into the files

Dave

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

D'oh I need a Mac app...

SoulJiah

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
That soulds like alot of work, what I do may also seem like alot of work but it works perfectly for me.

Itunes, I create the album playlist, the on the first song, I right click then go to "Get Info" then I click on the "Artwork" Tab, then I click on the Add button. I usually find my artwork on Amazon.com Music: Save on thousands of CDs from your favorite artists, I save the Artwork of the album i want and Add it from the "Artwork" tab. Right Click on the Artwork from this tab to copy and past on your next couple of files.

Once you do it a couple of times, you can do it pretty fast. Trust, its very easy!!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
That soulds like alot of work, what I do may also seem like alot of work but it works perfectly for me.

Itunes, I create the album playlist, the on the first song, I right click then go to "Get Info" then I click on the "Artwork" Tab, then I click on the Add button. I usually find my artwork on Amazon.com Music: Save on thousands of CDs from your favorite artists, I save the Artwork of the album i want and Add it from the "Artwork" tab. Right Click on the Artwork from this tab to copy and past on your next couple of files.

Once you do it a couple of times, you can do it pretty fast. Trust, its very easy!!

Yeah, I have artwork for all of my albums but for some reason it does not transfer over to the Droid. If I move multiple albums by one artist to the Droid only the first album will display the artwork...

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I have album art grabber on my droid. Its in the app store. Or I just google the preferred cd cover , save it on my phone, and bingo, there you go, cd cover.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Let me know if you use album art grabber and how it works for you.

If your looking for confirmation that this app is worth the money, then let me tell you that it is.

I've been using album art grabber since early December and it's great. In fact it finds album covers that even iTunes doesn't find (i.e. Beatles). When I first used it, there was about 4-5 album covers it couldn't find but I checked a few weeks later and now I have album art for all my music. In other words, they are constantly improving there app.

If you listen to music on your Droid and like to see the album art, buy this app!

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh, bloody hell...

So, I tried the little MP3Tag mentioned earlier in the topic because I was having the same problem... now my Droid can't recognize the tags at all. Yay. But foobar still recognizes everything, so maybe my Droid's just being stupid? Still... there's the whole problem with my phone thinking all my songs are now untagged entirely. I'm not plunking down $2 for Album Art Grabber when I can do something myself for free, so any help?

[edit:] I tried using MP3Tag to Optimize ACC (whatever that means), and I also tried ditching the default music player for Mixzing... both Mixzing and the default Android Music Player say I have 550 songs by unknown artists. Help!

Last edited:

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So, I tried the little MP3Tag mentioned earlier in the topic because I was having the same problem... now my Droid can't recognize the tags at all. Yay. But foobar still recognizes everything, so maybe my Droid's just being stupid? Still... there's the whole problem with my phone thinking all my songs are now untagged entirely. I'm not plunking down $2 for Album Art Grabber when I can do something myself for free, so any help?

[edit:] I tried using MP3Tag to Optimize ACC (whatever that means), and I also tried ditching the default music player for Mixzing... both Mixzing and the default Android Music Player say I have 550 songs by unknown artists. Help!

The only thing I can think of is deleting your music library and re-syncing it with double twist (free download). I originally did this to get my iTunes library on my droid. The only problem here is that not every song had album art after the sync. For me it was about 15% missing the album covers so I just paid the $2 and can't remember ever getting a better value for so little. Other than that I really don't know.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I dunno if that'll work with me... took advantage of the fact that I'm on Windows and stored all the album art in a briefcase so I could use that to sync it with my old iTunes library. And now they're all synced up.
MP3Tag seemed to be the criminal here... everything I use it on suddenly make my Droid unable to recognize it. I tried using it to fix the problem with one workaround, and it made the problem worse. The weird thing is that Foobar2000 (when hooked up to my computer) can read the tags just fine... it's just Mixzing and the default player that are seeing blank artist fields.
In retrospect, I should've started out with Mixzing, but it's too late for that now...

...And I still don't have any album art on my phone!

[edit2:] Just realized I had a redundant backup... I knew there was a reason I had that external hard-drive! Going to restore from that, then I'll get back to using MixZing to get my album art.

Last edited:

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem where the mp3 tag editor had everything tagged correctly, but the Droid still didn't recognize it for some reason and displayed thing improperly?

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

If your looking for confirmation that this app is worth the money, then let me tell you that it is.

I've been using album art grabber since early December and it's great. In fact it finds album covers that even iTunes doesn't find (i.e. Beatles). When I first used it, there was about 4-5 album covers it couldn't find but I checked a few weeks later and now I have album art for all my music. In other words, they are constantly improving there app.

If you listen to music on your Droid and like to see the album art, buy this app!

Not to give iTunes any props (its actually kinda a bash); but the reason you don't find Beatles album art on iTunes is because you cannot get Beatles ON iTunes. Heh, little fun fact for everyone; not even the Beatles want anything to do with a Mac!

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I use Album Art Grabber and then save it to SD in case I should ever need it again. It is drop dead easy and you don't even have to think about it.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Not to give iTunes any props (its actually kinda a bash); but the reason you don't find Beatles album art on iTunes is because you cannot get Beatles ON iTunes. Heh, little fun fact for everyone; not even the Beatles want anything to do with a Mac!

Blame Apple Records vs. Apple Computer. They've had legal disputes over the name for a very long time.

But yeah. None of my music has album art, or maybe 10%. When I rooted and installed the Milestone media browser with coverflow, my collection looked really dumb. That's one thing I liked about MixZing. I might have to try out Album Art Grabber though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urdarlingisdead