All about Incredible batteries (Replacements, Charging..ect)

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I am officially "happy" with this battery. after charging it up full yesterday, I went to the gym and watched movies for 2 hours. Followed by Internet radio, and some games b4 bed. Left it off the charger, and am now sitting here with 47% juice left. I don't want to stick it back on my charger until it gets less than 20%, but this is taking FOREVER!! What a great problem to have!

-beefstew

Why would you go to the gym to watch movies?

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm too lazy to look through all the pages, but has anyone else noticed this: When using the HTC wall unit/charger, under the Battery tab in Setup, it says Charging (AC). However, if I use any of the 3 different apple ipod/iphone chargers that I have laying around (plugged into the same outlet) it will say Charging (USB). And of course, it will say Charging (USB) if I have it plugged directing into my computer. I'm starting to think that the HTC charger might charge at a higher rate, which usually means it will not charge to 100%. More like 90ish% capacity. The apple ones are probably charging at a slightly lower rate (even though it's rated the same), so it might put more charge into the battery. It is fairly common for fast chargers to do this verses slow chargers.

Has anyone tried this and compared battery life? Just curious. I do not really have battery issues, although I am using the 1750 battery. But I just noticed this the other day when hooking up my battery before I went to bed. I normally charge my phone with my apple iphone charger. Seems to take longer to charge. Anyways, thought I'd pass it on.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm too lazy to look through all the pages, but has anyone else noticed this: When using the HTC wall unit/charger, under the Battery tab in Setup, it says Charging (AC). However, if I use any of the 3 different apple ipod/iphone chargers that I have laying around (plugged into the same outlet) it will say Charging (USB). And of course, it will say Charging (USB) if I have it plugged directing into my computer. I'm starting to think that the HTC charger might charge at a higher rate, which usually means it will not charge to 100%. More like 90ish% capacity. The apple ones are probably charging at a slightly lower rate (even though it's rated the same), so it might put more charge into the battery. It is fairly common for fast chargers to do this verses slow chargers.

Has anyone tried this and compared battery life? Just curious. I do not really have battery issues, although I am using the 1750 battery. But I just noticed this the other day when hooking up my battery before I went to bed. I normally charge my phone with my apple iphone charger. Seems to take longer to charge. Anyways, thought I'd pass it on.

Yes the wall charger is 1000 mA and usb chargers are 500 mA. So yes its double if you want to think of it like that.

But your iPhone charger I would think should be higher.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Maaaan its 1130ish and my seido is going strong with 28% left after a day of light to moderate use and. Pics, few calls, loooots of texts, music playing, and internet browsing :) this is BEFORE my battery has even gone through the 4-5 cycles haha

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Was playing "roboDefense" yesterday off the battery. It's a game that really sucks some juice. After about 2 games, the battery was down 20% and the back of the phone was warm. Not too hot to touch, but not comfortable either.

So there is a heat issue with the 1750, but you have to be doing somethign that is really processor/battery intensive. No problems with just phone/text/internet.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Was playing "roboDefense" yesterday off the battery. It's a game that really sucks some juice. After about 2 games, the battery was down 20% and the back of the phone was warm. Not too hot to touch, but not comfortable either.

So there is a heat issue with the 1750, but you have to be doing somethign that is really processor/battery intensive. No problems with just phone/text/internet.

not surprising. someone else mentioned this as well

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Late To Party...

I'm a little late to the party, but here's my experience with Lithium Ion batteries.

I've had my current phone (MotoRizr Z6TV) for 2.5 years now. My battery lasts on stand-by with occasional use (about 10 texts sent/received per day, 20 min of talk time per day, pics taken/sent daily) for at least 7 days (well over the reported time). A couple friends have the phone, and none have reported even close to results like I've gotten (one friend said she might get 5 days, max with less use than I put mine through). I've been getting the same life out of it for all 2.5 years. I always get good reception, but not great, in places I frequently have the phone.

When I first got the phone, I conditioned it by running it dead out of the box and recharging it full, doing that for the first few charges. After that, I only recharged the phone when the low battery indicator came up (which I believe is 10% life or less), occasionally letting it die completely. And, I never charged the phone while it was powered on. I also rarely let it sit on the charger for long after it was fully charged. And, as I've said, my battery life doesn't seem to have gotten any worse over the years. If it has, its been such an incremental drop I haven't even noticed.

I read posts from people saying that all of the steps I took with my battery actually mean very little in terms of battery life, and some steps I took (letting battery die/get so low before charging) even have negative impacts on the battery life. But my experience seems to support the contrary.

I am no expert in the field of batteries, so if someone who is says otherwise I believe them, as my experience may be the exception. And I am not against the notion of charging cycles having a lot to do with it, considering I've only put my phone through maybe 130 cycles over its life.

However, regarding my routine, I have one question that I have yet to see be answered in terms of Lithium Ion batteries. I was told that utilizing a battery while it is charging is not a good idea. One reason being that this forces the battery to get extra hot, as it is pulling double duty (accepting a charge and powering the device), which we know is not good for overall battery life. This is also my laptop manufacturers don't recommend charging a laptop while using it. Is this a sound theory?

Thanks.

altd

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
1750, charges more when turned off

For the last week or so I've been charging my phone overnight (turned off) and then unplugging and plugging it back in every morning before I jump in the shower at about 6am. My battery life has steadily improved to the point where i am sitting around 50-60% left when I plug it back in around 10:30-11pm every evening. When I look at my phone’s “awake time” I am usually in the 2-3 hour range at the end of the day so it’s not sitting “unused” all day long.

I use my phone as my primary alarm clock. I bought the 1750 seidio and at first the battery was still acting like I had the oem 1300. I turned off my phone one night and noticed a huge difference in performance of the battery. It appeared that the OS only wanted to charge the battery to 65%. I noticed that when I charged the battery with the phone on, once the LED turned green, I turned off the phone and the battery would then continue to charge. Any one else notice this? Charging with the phone off, I am now getting more out of my battery.

ethannation

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio 1750 and I have noticed some *warm* backplate occurrences, but nothing to alarming. I would guesstimate max of 105?.

Just to add my $.02 - the 1750 has significantly better battery life. As a Network/Systems Engineer, I average 150-200 messages per day with all of my alerts, administrative email, SNMP traps, etc. and I couldnt even make it to 5 PM with the stock battery. With the 1750, I now go all the way to bedtime with only an orange battery meter. I have yet to kill the 1750 in one day.

I would be interested in trying the new Seidio mega-batt with the new backplate, but only after I read how some of you like it...

shy ronnie

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So is the Seidio 1750 worth $50 ?

I am in an office most days, keep phone plugged in, not an issue normally, but could use a few more hours on the weekends.

tcoleturbo

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery Upgrad

I must admit the battery is one of my only gripes. When playing any type of game it seems to suck about 10% every 15 minutes or so, brutal!! I may just have to drop the $40 for the extended, normal size, battery.

shy ronnie

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
seems more no than yes on dropping the $40/$50 for a 1750 battery. I think I am a no.

phone is killer though. no complaints. be nice to find a few decent cases.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
So is the Seidio 1750 worth $50 ?

I am in an office most days, keep phone plugged in, not an issue normally, but could use a few more hours on the weekends.

I've got a Firefox plug in to watch Amazon prices, and this came in about an hour ago:

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris to Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris/Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Service

It's $40 with the free shipping right now.

I'm still on the fence, though. I have the ability to charge almost anywhere my typical day leads me. And I've found bump charging works to extend my stock battery well enough for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143