All Note 3 4.4 KitKat owners report in here.

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I updated my note 3 to kit kat.After a month,in the mornings,whan I grab and unlock my phone,it's ok.but in home page,i cannot swipe the pages.the touch screen did not respond.when i tap phone icon,it does not work.i have to restart my phone.why?

Posted via Android Central App

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
For those who are wanting to stay with JB, there's an "easy" way to avoid getting the update pushed and that's go ahead and root. You won't be able to receive the update even if you want to. I put easy in quotes because some haven't found it easy at all. But if you here - http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/

you'll find that is quite easy. Just make sure you use the method indicated for your specific model. Most of the people who have had trouble have tried to use Clockwork Mod, which apparently doesn't play well. The above methods use TWRP. It took me less than 30 minutes to root my VZN phone, including downloading and installing Odin and installing a custom ROM (which is optional as you can keep it "stock"if you want.) Another problem some had was trying this method with Win 8 devices. If you can use a Win 7 device, you are likely not to have any problems. Also, the VZN method did NOT trip Knox, if that's a concern. Obviously, to be in the safe side, you should back up all of your data in the device and the SD card but that goes almost without saying

For those who decide to update, I'd suggest backing up your SD card to your laptop or desktop before taking the KK update. Then, go ahead and format it. Let KK set the card up. Once it's done that, I'd take pictures with each of your camera apps, listen to at least one track with your music apps, and use any apps that might save data to the card. That way, the directories will be in place the way that KK wants to see them. Then go back and manually move pictures, songs, and the like manually to each pertinent directory. It will be a little bit of a hassle but it will probably save you from having to wade through trying to figure out where to put stuff. You'd have to move stuff around inside the card to get stuff where you want it anyway but you won't have to worry about redundant directories and which is the proper one to use.

look-fast

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Wifi keeps dropping. Screen freezes for couple of mins and then I am forced to restart the phone. And NIL benefits from the update.

argh was just griping about new updates on my note 3. it's become slower to respond for messaging apps.. internet browers hang.. wifi connectivity drops.. blank screens forcing me to manually shut down and restart many times by removing battery!

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Nothing happening to me now after another update from my operator few days ago. Life is good. No crashes, no ridiculous battery drains, no hanging. NO CRIBBING.

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had kk for a week now. Apps like ES file and pocket casts have been fixed with the SD card issue. Everything is fine and I still love my note 3. It's fast and just works. Battery is good and it's the greatest phone I have ever had. And I have had a lot of phones. :)

Falafaleater

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
On Bell Mobility, no issues with KK 4.4.2 update a few days back, currently working seamless but Google gallery sign reminder is damn annoying. Stock Note 3, Saskatel version. Battery life is great or better...

gilis

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I Installed 4.4.2 on my note 3 SM--N9005 and when i try to use the s-pen i get this massage "Unfortunately,Action Memo Has stoppes." also with Screen write.
what should i do?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of those Unfortunately .... has stopped posts. Mine was a repeating 'Settings' for a couple of days. I have KK 7 days.

However I did what I never bother to do and it hasn't reappeared.

Off, battery out, sd in - out and it's been fine.

See @teleburst above, who added sim out as well. Mine was cut down and tight so I left it. (Maybe battery out while on?)

Via my Note 3 on AC.

look-fast

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
woowoo

finally I decided that the ultimate thing to do before changing my note 3... is to do factory reset!

all's well now!

'cept for some missing apps that aren't ''supported by your phone'' ... all the lagging has disappeared..

so good luck all... back up and just Do It!

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
You installed KK & then did a factory reset? Or you did the factory reset "before" installing KK?

thx
woowoo

finally I decided that the ultimate thing to do before changing my note 3... is to do factory reset!

all's well now!

'cept for some missing apps that aren't ''supported by your phone'' ... all the lagging has disappeared..

so good luck all... back up and just Do It!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Still keeps coming up every so often, not sure where to disable the sign in permanently.

I managed with help to get in to Google Sync list when there were tick boxes to de-select Picasa, Books etc. In Gallery settings when you touch account name, or via Google accounts, there is normally no tick boxes for disabling these. I started to get notifications again for Picasa, and eventually going back and forth and fiddling with my Google account on a pc, was able to bring back the tick boxes. I originally had Google sync "temporary error" on account with a red account name.
Bit of a mess to explain. I posted screenshots on my thread "Picasa or mi casa ?" (cool title huh) and you can see 3 moderators responses there.
I would hate to factory reset, and managed without it so far. Your particular issue may be much different though. A battery, sim and SD card pull would be my first try.
I have had no other issues with KK, so far. I have a carrier free factory sealed UK model N9005 updated 11 days ago.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I updated to Kit Kat and I haven't had no issues at all. Battery has been great as well. I always reset my phone after a huge update like that. But that's just me. I know you shouldn't have to do that but it's something that has always worked for me so I stick to it.

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hows your sd card working? Can you access it thru a file manager and delete or edit stuff on it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I can confirm access through stock and third party file managers.

Anyone else notice a lag time waking up phone? I also have think I've noticed a slightly faster drain on battery. Anyone else? But nothing serious or consistent with concrete evidence so far. Haven't had it updated long enough. Only 3 days.

Things I've done that may have helped.
1. Wiped partition cache
2. Drained battery to 0 then recharged to 100% while off
3. rebooted

I didn't do a factory reset. Not warranted yet in my opinion. I did download Kies 3 on my PC and did a complete backup my phone nightly just in case I need to do the factory resetset. I love my Note 3. I feel for to those with major issues.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues with 4.4

Probably the biggest issue is with connectivity.

There are times when I just cannot make or receive calls it takes a reboot to fix the problem.

My Internet is problematic i often have to enable airplane mode snd disable it to get it to work sometimes i have to reboot.

I know a lot of folks are okay with reboot but Android is a UNIX based OS there is no reason why it should be rebooted.

I do get the battery drain issue what I think I narrowed it down to is having the WiFi on. Because my LTE speed is much faster than my WiFi I rarely have it on but when I do and leave my device idle it still drains as if it's always on

Ysmir

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey, i got my note 3 on february this year and updated to Kit Kat last month.

Biggest issues :

- I have to charge my phone every 12H. Before kitkat i had to do this every 24 - 36H.

- I cant use my SD card properly.

- I can't turn off wireless printing.

- Games don't work anymore. They force close every 5 - 15min.

( please excuse my weak english, im from germany :) )

Send from my Note 3 via Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear