All Open Apps - still showing after restart? And some other issues too..

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I swear this Lollipop thing has been a freaking nightmare. I did both updates, wiped the cache partition and did a factory reset after each update.. and still things are not quite right.

When I press the recent apps button it shows the recent apps - fine. But after I pull the battery and restart the phone, shouldn't there be nothing showing? Because even after taking the battery out and restarting it shows me a whole bunch...some that I didn't even have open before. It is driving me crazy.

I also notice that the top two things showing in the GSAM Battery Monitor App Usage are Android System (14-18%) and Kernel (Android OS) (12-15%).

I'm having various other issues too.. it tends to get pretty hot. Sometimes I can be typing an email and then suddenly the phone takes me back to my inbox and what I was typing is gone..

Any idea about any of this??? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I never had this problem. Usually when I restart my phone all my apps are closed(there's no apps in the recent apps menu)

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had this same thing happen with my Note 4 last night. I had about 10 apps open, did a restart and when I looked at recent apps when my phone came back up, they were there still.

I was a bit surprised.

I'm going to be doing some research about this with Samsung later today or tomorrow.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I swear this Lollipop thing has been a freaking nightmare. I did both updates, wiped the cache partition and did a factory reset after each update.. and still things are not quite right.

When I press the recent apps button it shows the recent apps - fine. But after I pull the battery and restart the phone, shouldn't there be nothing showing? Because even after taking the battery out and restarting it shows me a whole bunch...some that I didn't even have open before. It is driving me crazy.

I also notice that the top two things showing in the GSAM Battery Monitor App Usage are Android System (14-18%) and Kernel (Android OS) (12-15%).

I'm having various other issues too.. it tends to get pretty hot. Sometimes I can be typing an email and then suddenly the phone takes me back to my inbox and what I was typing is gone..

Any idea about any of this??? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

I would suggest you don't have the battery app, other than to keep for a short time, only to diagnose.

Oddly, battery apps seem to be a problem for the battery.

Last edited:

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
This happens on my SM-G900V (Verizon version of S5), since the update was installed. I did a full reset after the installation.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In Lollipop that recent apps feature is called overview. It's just a list of apps (or even chrome tabs) that you've used lately. It doesn't necessarily mean that every app there is still open or running in the background. It's just a feature to make multitasking a bit easier.

You can delete apps from that list individually just swiping it right or left. Even if you clear the whole list manually and reboot the phone Android will repopulate it, sometimes even randomly.

Don't worry about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor