All Pixels Avail in Store!

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, except the black 128GB XL... but maybe that'll return in the next 24 hours. I just ordered a 128GB black Pixel (5") with a 2-3 week ship estimate that hopefully they'll beat. I was about to order it through Fi instead.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I saw all of them except the 5" in limited blue. Been waiting and waiting for it..at this time the blue xl is no longer available.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, except the black 128GB XL... but maybe that'll return in the next 24 hours. I just ordered a 128GB black Pixel (5") with a 2-3 week ship estimate that hopefully they'll beat. I was about to order it through Fi instead.

From what I've seen (and based on the two orders I placed that were auto cancelled at the processing stage) they were handily beating their 3-4 & 4-5 week estimates on the 5", 2-3 is about what they were actually doing so maybe they're just confident they can now keep that up. I'd be ecstatic if they actually beat that 2-3 estimate.

Mine (silver/128) still has a Dec 15-19 estimate for now, don't think they ever actually lower the ETA that shows up on the order page tho (but they have pushed it back on some people).

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
From what I've seen (and based on the two orders I placed that were auto cancelled at the processing stage) they were handily beating their 3-4 & 4-5 week estimates on the 5", 2-3 is about what they were actually doing so maybe they're just confident they can now keep that up. I'd be ecstatic if they actually beat that 2-3 estimate.

Mine (silver/128) still has a Dec 15-19 estimate for now, don't think they ever actually lower the ETA that shows up on the order page tho (but they have pushed it back on some people).
You may cancel that order and re-order. Just for fun I went in and if I got a 128GB Silver I would have it in my hands by Nov 24-25 if I paid for expedited shipping.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You may cancel that order and re-order. Just for fun I went in and if I got a 128GB Silver I would have it in my hands by Nov 24-25 if I paid for expedited shipping.

I doubt canceling and re-ordering would really be an effective way of jumping the queue..

Their order history page just doesn't update ETAs, the order has actually already gone to the processing stage and has the same ETA (which makes no sense since they usually ship out within days of entering processing, but it's simply because it doesn't update live like the new order page).

I also get expedited shipping for free even when I select free shipping, FWIW... ;) One of the few times ever where ordering from Puerto Rico turns into a perk rather than a hassle. 9 out of 10 orders I make on the Play store end up shipping via FedEx 2-day or overnight regardless of the method I choose.

Their distributor or carrier probably has some bizarre rule about not using USPS or less secure shipping methods down here. /shrug Shoot, even those free Star Wars Cardboard viewers they gave out last year ended up being shipped free via FedEx.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't see any Pixel XL's in 128gb, anyone know where I could get one? We're thinking of doing Project Fi but that should be the same inventory as the Google store, no?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any Pixel XL's in 128gb, anyone know where I could get one? We're thinking of doing Project Fi but that should be the same inventory as the Google store, no?

It's not the same exact inventory so give it a shot. The Fi models have a Fi identifier on the packaging (sticker on box) and come with a Fi Sim card.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

They actually handle it separately AFAIK, Fi never had backorder/pre-order and seems to have it's own stock allocation handled on a first come first serve basis (based on what I've seen/read as far as orders placed an ETAs), and even order support is handled by completely different departments.

Any time I call the Play store and there's any mention of a Fi SIM in the order (an option on Play) they ask if I actually placed the order thru Fi, because they'd have to transfer me over in that case. TL;DR: Might wanna give ordering thru Fi a shot if Play is out.

I would've (after running into severe order issues at Play) but I wanted that free Daydream!

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
@zendroid1 @impulses thanks, I'll give Fi a shout. I needed to talk to a live person about the plan anyway since we need to have our toddler son on our plan because he needs a phone as a medical device and I need to figure out how to sign him up for that.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Project fi is out of them too (Pixel Xl 128). Only available on Verizon's website as far as I can tell.
Project Fi website is showing in stock for me for the black 128. Just ordered mine through fi last night and it already shipped! Kind of surprised. Paid full price, throw fi sim away and throw in Verizon sim. Win win

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Project Fi website is showing in stock for me for the black 128. Just ordered mine through fi last night and it already shipped! Kind of surprised. Paid full price, throw fi sim away and throw in Verizon sim. Win win
Actually I wanted project Fi so it would be the other way around for me. I'll check them again.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm am very surprised with the stock at Verizon and on the Playstore that I was able to order last night through Fi, and I'll have it Friday. I've been looking all over the damn place for one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon