Android 11 questions. (Coming from Android 7.0)

Draco_02

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Bought a Sony Xperia 10 III last week updatede it to lates SW Android 11, build 62.0.A.3.70.

My phone before was an Sony Xperia XA1 with android 7.0

Been using my xperia 10 III trying Android 11 for a week now, but it looks like is a downgrade from Android 7.0 with some of the simpel things that worked fine in Android 7.0

1) The stock android 11 camera, now got at delay when pressing the shutter, giving me alot of ****ty pictures.

2) Burst mode is something new in the camera app, but i cants disabel it.. because Xperia 10 III dosent got a shutter physical button, replaced by google assstant.
Using the volume keys, but because i need to hold the camera still for 1-3sec its very easy to activate burst mode.

3) I used Do not disturb when goint to bed and when activating it, is defalut was on the time my alarm clock was set, now i need to every time choose this option (is default on "until you turn off")

4) There has been an upgrade in which program can run in the background and it look link the only way i can use the timer function and see the time on the lock screen, is if the clock is active (upfront) when my phone goes to lock screen.. is its actice but in the background (is can see my home screen), the clock won´t show on my lock screen.
- in App settings, clock, battery - the clock is approved to work in the background

5) this my not be a android 11 issuse, but my Xperia 10 III wont go to lock screen when closing the cover (bought this https://www.duxducis.com/skin-pro-series-case-for-sony-xperia-10-iii/)
The screen is still one homescreen long after i closed the cover..

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like none of these are specific to Android 11 but to how Sony implements features.

1 and 2 - Is Sony use the Google camera app or one they developed in-house?

3 - Pixels have Digital Wellbeing, which automatically sets DnD and it turns off when the first alarm rings (or is scheduled to ring).

4 - I can see timers on my lock screen as a notification. Are you using the Google clock app or a Sony clock app?

5 - does that device support a Smart Cover feature?

Draco_02

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.

1 & 2 => the clock is "Clock" from Google LLC, version 6.4 (361440548), is that google stock?
3 =>there is something called "digital wellbeing" installed, its also from Google LLC, version 1.0.38122135
4 => see 1&2, think is google stock
5 => how do i find out abiut this.. my old phone work fine, when closing the cover.. but found out, that if i flip the front cover til the back, it somethins "activate" the "cover mode", meaning the screen goes black and i none responsive to touch and when flipping the cover away from the back (is can feel resistans, due to the magnet), the screen "wakes" and is on lock screen... just as i could do, if i closed it normaly).. hope i makes senes..

Draco_02

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
B.Diddy => Im not interessed i making a lot of customization.. just find it weird that DND, don´t remember what i used last time (in android 7.0, it always took the last used setting.. so if i use "until alarm" the last time, it will be there next time.)

But now DND is always set to "until you turn i off" regardless if i used "until alarm"

My question/issue regarding the camera, has nothing to do with the shutter speed (how long/short the shutter i open), but when i press the shutter (red bottom on screen to take a photo or pressing the volume key).. it take 1-3 sec before it takes the picture and no im not using selftimer..

So the object may have moved, there for the picture is not worth saving.. the camera app, is simply only good to take pictures of stationary object.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you manually turn on DND, it will be set to "until you turn it off." But I use it on a schedule, and you should be able to set it so that the alarm overrides DND. Go to the DND menu, then tap Schedules (do NOT tap the "Turn on now" button). Then check the Sleeping box, and tap the gear icon next to it. Now you can select which days where DND should automatically turn on, the start and end times, and also if an alarm can override the end time. As long as the schedule is set, it should continue until you turn off the schedule (by unchecking that box). I would agree that this is not the most intuitive setup.:-\

I understand what you mean about the camera shutter lag, but I was wondering if increasing the shutter speed might help. If it doesn't, then see if the same problem occurs in Safe Mode (in case some 3rd party app you installed might be running in the background and causing the system to lag). https://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-xperia-10-iii/safe-mode/

Draco_02

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
B.Diddy -> Tried this DND scheulde.. yes it works, but i find it at bit "too static", when defining a specific interval where it is DND..
I don´t go to sleep at the same time each day.. so having it to automatic start at like 21:00 or 22:00 is not optimal, but the stopping of DND in the morning is OK..

I need to "test" this a bit longer, to see if i can get use to it or go back to manuel choose DND..

Regarding to camera shutter lag.
Tried manual, but still the same..

When i want to take at picture, i hold my camera to the object.. the camera focues.. when i press the shutter, there is a green "focus" that is showing up.. like is trying to focus.. and 1-3sec after it takes the pictures.

In manuel its the same.. if i press/focus on a specific object (there is a orange/yellow focus box).. when presing the shutter, the focus boks apperal still and after 1-3 sec it takes the photo..

Edit: Its the same issue in safe-mode..

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Looks like an issue with the phone software then, rather than an Android issue. My Samsung is slower at taking photos than my Pixel, which means the Pixel takes much better cat photos than my Samsung unless I put it into single take mode.

Sorry you are having so many issues. Sometimes, as you said, an upgrade can be a downgrade in reality.

Draco_02

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Kizzy => thank your answer..
I had been looking at Pixel and Nokia, but i find them too expensive and to big, to be an alternative for my old XA1.

Its a shame that Sony´s "xperiance software" makes it a bad experiance, when an App such as Camera (i think it the stock app) gets downgraded.. camera is to day a everyday tool, so making it almost useless is a strange "upgrade" or at lest supply the phone with an alternativ camera app, that works.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah they can be expensive. I luckily got my 4a 5G for £400 on offer in February. Was able to pay it off over time so it made it more affordable. Even though this is the budget pixel, it is still as good as my husband’s more expensive 4XL.

But phones are so expensive these days. A month’s wages for a flagship.

Draco_02

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
My requirements and needs for a mobil this time, was it neede to be released with Android 11 (so it can be upgraded later one), small MAX 6.1", not too much "brand ware" installed.. (but i don´t if Sony is good or bad in this).

Found that a lot of compact mobils, cost extra..

I simply use my phone to check mail, SMS, make calls and all those "healts apps" due to covid19 passports so that i can show that im tested negativ and to take some photos..
I dont stream Netflix, listen to music ect..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174